Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hit the ground running

...this morning.  I got next to no sleep on Sunday night and didn't nap much so I ended up going to bed at 10 p.m. and slept through to 7:30 a.m.  I did get up once to let Professor out but went right back to sleep afterward.  So I got up this morning and tackled the kitchen, straightened up my bedroom and did some reading.  I plan on scrubbing down the stove, mopping the kitchen floor and doing more laundry.  Plus I need to absolutely start cooking from scratch again and utilizing my tightwadding skills like I used to.  Fall motivates me more than any other season.

My mother wore her shawl to church on Sunday and had to fight to keep it.  Several women asked her about it and wanted to know where she got it so she asked me to knit up some more so she can sell them fore me.  I told her I would but for her to keep the money.  I really can't get my money back out of them and she could use the extra money anyway, living on a fixed income and having dialysis 3 times a week.  Besides, they're just garter stitch or dishcloth shawls so it's mindless knitting and I have tons of yarn that will work for those shawls.

I intend to start Zach's sweater this week.  It's a hooded sweater with a front pocket I found in one of my magazines.  The one I was knitting last year I didn't have a real pattern for and got stuck on the neckline so I'll just use the yarn that is still intact and add some other yarn I've got around the house as well.  I'll get back to mine, too.  It's a snowflake fair isle pattern and complicated but fun.

Plus the socks I"m knitting.  I ripped the mittens as the pattern wasn't working out well.  The pattern expected me to knit intarsia in the round with no explanation of how to do that.  I tried knitting it flat but I didn't like the pattern in the long run so I'll just use the yarn for more socks.  I can knit Zach's socks using one band of white and Tom's with two bands of white.  Mine are plain.  This way I can tell them apart.

I'm in my winter socks now as the temps have been in the mid 50s or lower and nighttime temps in the low 30s.  It's going to warm up a smidgen with temps in the high 50s and nighttime temps in the 40s but it's still time to winter up.  We wore coats last night to the store although it was roasting inside the store, even with our coats off.  We were sweating when we left.

Well, I need to get back to work while I still have the motivation and energy to do it.  I plan on lots of knitting this afternoon.

TTFN

No comments: