Thursday, October 18, 2012

Got to keep the momentum going

Believe it or not, I've been busy the past few days, working on getting Zach's room cleaned up and organized.  What people don't realize about OCD is that not everyone who has it is a clean freak.  Many are just the opposite and not out of laziness or just because they like to live in clutter but because the clutter is essential to them.  I've been working with him to change some of the behavior and have offered to monitor it for him, for when it gets out of control.  So it has taken a while to sort and organize.  Plus we had to move out furniture in order to re-arrange because the room is tiny.  You can't move anything without taking something out.  Fortunately we only had to move a very light cabinet.  The desk is extremely heavy and no way could we get it out of there.

So today we'll focus on the fine tuning, getting flat spaces cleared and the closet cleaned out and organized.  I took the door off a while back because it's behind the door into the room and you can't open it up very well because you're stuck between the wall, the closet door and the door to the room.  Which makes it very difficult.  And dark.  No light in the closet.  So I'll put up a curtain to close it off, which will be so much easier to use.

Then we vacuum and are done and I can move on to the rest of the house.  We're on a roll of tearing the house apart and organizing it all, getting rid of clutter and the stuff we've accumulated over the years that we don't need out or don't need at all.  I can't do this in the spring...only the fall.

I haven't been knitting much lately.  Partly because I'm so tired at night that I just fall into bed, but also because I've been doing crossword puzzles to exercise my brain.  And it seems to be working!  I'm able to recall things better and concentrate on reading with more clarity. 

But I have done some work on the socks, if only a round or two.  I do need to finish them up and get busy on Zach's socks because the weather is turning cold again.  Plus I need to do a mountain of laundry, put plastic on the windows and get the rest of the winterizing done.  Maybe then I'll be able to sit down with my many projects and get busy knitting.

In the meantime, I'm whittling away at the house and actually functioning once again.  It's a good feeling to accomplish things on a daily basis again.

TTFN

No comments: