Friday, April 13, 2012

Just get me through the weekend

As soon as I can I will have a meltdown.  I just don't have the time right now what with getting through the weekend and all.  I'll be able to talk more about it all on Monday or Sunday night if I haven't taken to my bed by then.

I got a call from my mother yesterday morning, waking me up on what was going to be the only night I was going to get any sleep.  Not her fault.  For her it was mid morning...different time zone and all.  My aunt died on Tuesday night around midnight.  She was in her late 80s, had lived a quiet, unremarkable life but had been surrounded by her kids and their kids.  She was married to one of the meanest men I ever knew in my life but she stuck with it because her generation taught her to do that.   Fortunately he died years before her so she had a lot of peace the last 20 years or so.

So I had to go pick up some sympathy cards, stamps and a few supplied for a card party my sister-in-law is having on Sunday.  I don't play cards and don't usually attend but what the heck.  So I forgot the stamps, didn't get the check out to my mother yesterday (or even today) for the flowers or whatever charity they're going to ask for donations to.  Ideally I would love to donate to Planned Parenthood but as they are all fundamentalist Christians, I'm not sure a donation to them would be taken well.  I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I got the stamps today but won't get anything in the mail until tomorrow because I'm going to fix supper and then go to bed.  I haven't had an 8 hour sleep in the past several months and even then that would only happen once in a blue moon.  I've been getting about 5-6 hours of constantly interrupted sleep and I'm frayed, stretched and falling apart.  The dog thinks that when the sun rises it means he gets to go out every single hour and since I don't normally get to sleep until Tom goes down for the night, it's rare for me to find sleep before 2 a.m. or so.  I refused to get out of bed this morning for the third time in 3 hours but the dog still woke me up and I had a hard time getting back to sleep.

But I did knit last night for a while.  On the Tree of Life afghan, the desk cover and the neverending sock.  I think I felt guilty because I picked up 6 skeins of aqua colored Bernat acrylic on sale yesterday.  Today I picked up 4 skeins of cream colored yarn of the same kind.  I have in mind a sweater coat.  I just have to find a pattern for it amongst my pattern stash.  It felt good to knit and I plan to get back to it daily from now on.  I have so many projects going that need to be worked on and eventually finished.

So...after Sunday I plan on starting some new routines (including sleep!) along with some major frugality.

But for now...supper must be fixed and I must go to bed even if the sun is still shining.


No comments: