Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Catching up

I probably won't be posting every day for a while as I'm trying to catch up on housework, yard work and sleep, but I will try to write something every other day at least.  And yes...sleep is happening finally.  I slept badly Monday night but what sleep I did get was fairly restful and last night, while interrupted several times, my sleep was pretty good.

I'm not rolling in energy but I do have determination so I'm getting things done.  Slowly but they are getting done.  I worked on my room yesterday because I sleep so much better in a clean room and it did make a difference.  I also had errands and did enough shopping so I won't have to go back until next Monday at least.

Today I've been working on the dining room, a bit in the kitchen but for the most part, working on a year's worth of ironing.  Most of Zach's nice summer shirts need ironing but they were $3 each so what can you expect?  I probably won't finish the kitchen and dining room, but I intend to finish up the ironing.  It will free up some space in the closet, too.

I'm trying not to overdo it today because that always bites me in the rear and I end up in bed for a few days after, but I hope that won't happen this time.

I've been making good progress on the dishcloth shawl.  I love the striping in it, various shades of gray, including a pale gray and black.  It's so soft and light, though, that I don't think it will give warmth, but it will make a nice accessory.  Maybe I'll send it to my mother as a gift for the loss of her sister.  I also worked on the bag for my tarot cards.  I frogged back and decided to make two bags instead of one as one bag would be so cumbersome.  Well, too big anyway.

Baked chicken to night for supper as it doesn't require a lot of work on my part so I can get the ironing finished.  Maybe some roasted potatoes and carrots to go with it.  But now I need to get back to ironing.  I'll be glad when it's all done.

TTFN

No comments: