Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Still waiting for the return of my energy

So very little goes on in my life and that bothers me to a degree. I could be doing so much more but I don't. Today was a very laid back day although I did work in the kitchen and bathroom getting some way overdue cleaning done. But nothing creative...like I should be doing.

I did some reading last night because I didn't feel like taking a lot of junk with me to the college. I finished up the second Sookie Stackhouse book, Living Dead in Dallas, mostly because I couldn't put it down. I got Coraline from the library but I watched the second disk of SG-1 instead. Well, not the whole disk. I was busy frogging the sweater again back to the same d*mned row again. This time because I knit the purl side of the moss stitch as garter stitch and didn't notice it until several rows later. I was ready to scream.

Tonight I'm going to work on something else...like the beaded scarf. Maybe I just need to get away from it. I love the way it's turning out, with the modifications I'm making but we need some time apart...a temporary separation, if you will. Not a divorce though...we love each other too much for that. In fact, I suspect this will be my favorite project when it's all done.

Professor let out a bark last night at about 3 a.m. Very short, as if he knew he needed to stop himself. I didn't want to but I put the collar on him. It almost broke my heart, though, because he came to me when I got the collar out and let me put it on him. He tried to snuggle with me for a while, but eventually left. I found out this morning he went into Zach's room (who was still awake) and wanted in his lap. Zach took the collar off of him while he was there but when Professor wanted down, he got the collar out and Professor went to him to let him put it back on him. When he came back into bed, for the first time, putting his front paws on the side of the bed instead of using his indoor bark, I picked him up and took the collar off before putting him back into bed. He was quiet the rest of the night.

I hate doing this but he's such a yappy dog that I can't get any sleep at night and it got really bad with over 4 months of very little sleep. I wasn't functioning at all. Even now, I'm slowly getting my energy levels back. But bless his heart, he's trying hard to behave. He's so danged smart.

Tonight is Ghost Hunters and I'm a bit hesitant to even watch it after the past season's worth of next to nothing. But I'll give it a few more chances before I quit altogether. I know I'm not alone. A lot of people are ready to bail out.

Bit of a rant here. When I was at my former church it really peeved me when I would be talking to someone and another person would walk up and just interrupt the conversation with no apologies whatsoever and take over the conversation. It happened with such frequency that I got to the point I just wouldn't talk to anyone anymore. If someone initiated a conversation with me, I would attempt to be friendly but inevitably someone would interrupt again. I thought it was just me. And maybe it is. Because last night it happened at the college. I was talking to the cleaner about our pets and right in the middle of an anecdote, a student came up and just interrupted asking her to open a room for her because she left something in there. Now, I realize that the cleaner was on the clock (and she was cleaning as we spoke) but not even an apology or excuse me or anything.

Whatever happened to good manners? If I needed to speak to someone and they were involved in a conversation, I would wait a discreet distance away and wait for an opening. If it was really important and couldn't wait, I would excuse myself and ask for a moment when they were free. If it was just conversational, I would just wait or if it looked like the conversation was going to be long, just forget it. I don't get why people do this so much...and especially at church.

Well, off to finish up the bathroom and then to bed to work on projects. Some good shows coming up on Scyfy and Discovery in the next week. I hope they live up to the hype.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Bark Collar is a safe, effective and humane way to train your dog not to bark too much. Clinical studies conducted by the College of Veterinary medicine of Cornell University have proven that Spray Bark Collars are TWICE as effective as shock collars! Sonic dog barking collars are virtually ineffective compared to spray.