Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today is working out good for me.

I'm recovering from Monday and Tuesday in which I spent my time in the car or the commons area of the college. It was too hot to stay in the car Tuesday so I went in early and stayed the entire day in the commons. It's not so bad and the car would have been cool enough except the front windows don't roll down so the car is like a solar oven.

Hmmm....nah. I really don't want to start baking stuff in the car.

So...I had access to Zach's laptop but I'm not all that familiar with it and while trying to answer email and such, kept opening up windows until he explained to me that my hands were resting on the cursor pad. Now that I know, maybe I can keep up with my online stuff better.

Next week will be near-heaven since Monday is Labor Day whereby the schools will be closed. And Tuesday is only the morning class because his p.m. teacher has some kind of inservice thing herself. It's the little things that bring you joy, ya know?

Tom was puny yesterday morning. I heard him about 6 a.m. being sick in the bathroom and when he woke up just as we were getting ready to leave he still wasn't feeling well. I had gotten an telephone alert from our city informing us that we weren't to drink the tap water because it had bacteria in it and wouldn't be able to until sometime today. Fortunately I had some water from a few days ago in the Pur pitcher which had been filtered pre-bacteria that we were able to use for brushing teeth and such. But I think Tom might have had some water the night before.

At any rate, he was home when we got there late last night, asleep on the couch. Trying to tiptoe in and be quiet while hauling suitcases, bags, coolers and backpacks is impossible. But he slept through it. He had gotten sick at work and came home. He rarely misses work so if he's home, then I know he's not well. He slept the night away so I turned the tv down low in my bedroom and tried hard to get to sleep early.

Professor and Hannibal had other ideas though. I had to take the Prof out to wee four times before 2 a.m. and then he woke me up other times to help him back up on the bed. Hannibal needed loving because 3 a.m. is his favorite time to cuddle and if you don't acquiesce you get a claw in the nose. By the time I finally crawled out of bed at 10 a.m., I had been woken up over 12 times.

I'm determined to just rest today although I do need to do some laundry. I think one load will suffice and not wear me out further. That and cooking some supper and maybe some baking later if I feel like it. If not, I'll do that tomorrow.

And tomorrow I must work on doing something with my potted plants before they die from being root bound.

Oh, and the rain barrel is leaking again.

I plan on catching up on some knitting and movie watching today in addition to lots of reading. I did do a lot of the reading yesterday, learning about herbs and crystals along with Borg and Spong. And some Harry Potter, of course.

Well, I'm off to eat my baked potato for lunch. I read something really icky today about baby chicks and don't think I want to eat any meat for a while.

TTFN

No comments: