Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'd rather live than just survive all this

I may have survived the weekend but I'm barely moving after the beginning of the week.

Sunday morning first thing, Zach found out his 8 week online course was only 4 weeks long. Monday being the deadline. So he had 4 weeks' worth of projects to get done by midnight Monday. He was in a panic. I was in a panic. The dog was in a panic. No, the dog wasn't in a panic. Sorry about that.

But he made it with an hour to spare. The problem was when he signed onto the class, the block scheduling wasn't finished apparently. The school page still listed it as an 8 week course but the cover page said it was 4 weeks. Obviously several of the students were confused and emailed the teacher asking him. He never responded to Zach's email so Zach assumed it was 8 week based on the fact that two sources told him it was.

Plus, there was so little in the class as to be totally a waste of time. The class was divided into four different classes so he got next to nothing without ponying up for 3 extra classes which wasn't cheap, I can tell you.

When he started at the college it was great. Great communication. Great teachers. Great everything. Now...not so much. He's been trying to get in touch with his advisor since last spring and she only just got back with him. He still has no information about his internship which he has to have in order to graduate and we're already 3 weeks into the year with no internship in sight and no information about how to get one. And she doesn't appear to answer his emails in a timely fashion so I am steamed and worried all at the same time.

And while I got some sleep between Saturday night and Monday night, Tuesday put me back in the hole. Professor woke me up every 20 minutes or so all night long Monday night so being in Fond du Lac all day Tuesday until 9 p.m. or so made me an unhappy person. At least I was able to watch hulu.com and knit for a while. But it was too hot to sleep in the car and my creativity goes to zero when I'm that tired.

I did sleep for 10 hours last night almost uninterrupted. I got up with the Professor at 7:30 and again at 8:30 but after that I let someone else deal with him and slept until nearly 11.

And I'm still dragging.

But my creativity mojo is crawling meekly back apologizing for abandoning me all those months. I've been knitting on a shopping bag, a shawl, the beaded scarf, socks and a baby blanket. I'm also learning candle making and working with polymer clay.

Tom is going to work on the bathroom this weekend. We've got some nasty wallboard on there that is warped from having been wet long before we moved in and the floor has to be redone since replacing the toilet. Also the paint is peeling and needs re-painting badly.

Me? I'm going to work in the yard this weekend. I've decided the area behind the garage is going to be a meditation/herb garden because I need a place to go to. I've got tiki torches to take care of mosquitoes but other than that, I'm working from scratch. I hope it turns out okay. I don't think Tom is terribly excited by my change in spiritual direction but it's not about him so I'm not letting it bother me. I certainly don't interfere in his. And for all I know in time he'll be okay with it. I'm just not going to waste any time on it.

I also bought a canvas today because I want to get back to my art. I've got to read up a lot on acrylics first because I never really learned much about them. I'd love oils but they are for later.

Well, I'm off to bed. I was going to walk Professor tonight but I am so stinkin' tired I think I'll just go to bed and read and knit and watch Ghost Hunters. Although I have to say I'm not as big a fan as I used to be. I keep hoping they'll go back to the way they used to be.

I'm also thinking of opening up my spiritual blog to the public again and start writing there again. When I've got the time, that is.

TTFN

No comments: