Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Barking, Ghost Hunters, and Me whining again

I think I'm over it. I'm also considering the possibility that a coyote, though not normally seen in our town but possible as we live near the edge of the city, might have dropped the cat in the yard. But it's unlikely because there were no marks on the cat.

It's been another day in which I got nothing done. Except for lighting some candles for some friends who had urgent needs. I'm still sorting out just what it is I believe but I'm plugging along and trying to enjoy the ride. I do find that lighting candles helps me focus my prayers and so I use them. Plus...aren't they just pretty?

I wasn't in the mood for a warm meal tonight so I made some potato salad and tuna salad. I seriously thought about putting a green salad together but thought that might be a bit of overkill. It's amazing how such a light meal can dirty up so many dishes though. Not happy at all I've got to do before bedtime. I'm watching Ghost Hunters right now and will clean the kitchen afterward. Or at least set it up to be cleaned tomorrow.

I'm still hoping to get a decent night's sleep. I relented and gave Professor back his window seat and opened up the curtains after I turned the lights off and I think it did help a bit. He stopped barking a few times on his own when he was able to see out. About 6 a.m. he went nuts again and every twenty minutes or so went off barking and whining. Tom was up and took care of it for a while but he dozed off on the couch so I tried to keep him quiet. After 8 Zach took him into his room so I was able to sleep from 8 to 11 without interruption.

Come winter we'll have the windows shut and the critters will be in their lairs and dens so maybe I can get some sleep then. By then Zach's schedule will have increased so that will be another problem.

It's like having an infant again. I breastfed Zach and initially he would only sleep for 2 hours at a stretch, taking a full hour to nurse. I learned to sleep sitting up in the rocking chair. At the time I was in the Navy so I survived on next to no sleep until he was four months old and I was discharged for the fibromyalgia. I did manage to pump milk during the day sometimes but that was used during the day for his babysitter. He was allergic to all dairy and soy so there was no other option.

I looked at training collars last night at the store but they looked so inhumane that I couldn't do it. One of them used electrical current to curb barking; the other used a lemon mist. The thing is, sometimes I want him to bark...like when someone comes to the door or is in the yard. I don't want to break his spirit either. I also didn't care much for the remote training collar that you use with a remote to shock the dog each time it does something you don't want it to do. Tom felt the same way so...we'll try to figure this out without those measures.

Oh, brother. The whole Steve/Tango running away from critters thing is getting so old I may have to stop watching this show. They always advertise it as if they've seen something supernatural come to find out it's Steve's phobias and Tango reacting to them. That and some of the "evidence" being too easily accepted without debunking it. I'm a skeptic who would like to believe but don't make a fool of me.

I've got Pushing Daisies, season 1 in at the library along with Battle of Britain so I might make a trip to the library tomorrow. And just pick up a couple of things from the store while I'm at it since I don't really have much at all to shop for this week. I'm going to watch Warrior Queen tonight with Alex Kingston and other dishy British actors.

Off to curl up into bed. I got the kitchen straightened up during commercials so I'll try to get some sleep so I can get something done tomorrow because I'm tired of doing nothing but whining.

TTFN

No comments: