Monday, September 28, 2009

Rising from the ashes

I got a lot done today. Well...a lot for me. I baked some rolls made with Italian seasoning and garlic in the dough. Zach said they were great. I haven't had any yet. I also cleaned up the kitchen a bit and cooked supper before we had to leave and packed a supper for while we were up there. Then I walked in the door and started finishing up the dishes I didn't get done before we left.

I'm ready for bed now. But it felt so good to be coming back to life.

Still no nighttime barking from Professor. I haven't been putting the collar on him because it's huge and he's a wee Chihuahua/Pomeranian and it makes it a bit uncomfortable for him to sleep. I've got it beside my bed so all I have to do is reach out for it and put it on the Prof. So far so good, though. He's a very intelligent dog. It took very little time to teach him tricks, including roll over and high five. He taught himself take a bow. I don't know how to explain how he did that but he did. But even I think this isn't the end of it. Tom is convinced he's completely trained not to bark at night. I think he just hasn't been put to the test yet.

I'm such a pessimist.

I'm moving along on the sweater and it's looking very good. I like the feel of the Caron Eco and will definitely use it again. But I mustn't be monogamous and there are other projects that need to be done. I took my pencils with me along with some books to read. I forgot my erasers and sharpener so I'll do my drawing tomorrow instead. I read ghost stories tonight. Nothing the least bit frightening though. Very clinical book.

I'm off to bed to get some knitting in before I fall asleep.

TTFN

No comments: