Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Must not forget the Perseid Shower tonight like I did last night.

Sorry for the silence. There's some minor drama going on and I don't want to go back to ranting on this blog like I did before so sometimes it's better to just be silent.

I'm trying to stay awake long enough to watch the meteor shower tonight. I fear last night was more spectacular but I'll try. The last time we saw it was in Lemoore, Ca in the playground across from our cul de sac. Zach and I took lawn chairs and sat in the field and watched the magnificent display of nature. People drove by and looked at us but no one stopped to watch with us. Shame.

School starts in a couple of weeks so we need to get Zach's books soon. He's paying for them out of his savings so that is a relief. I'm hoping he doesn't need a book for everything but there is one course that doesn't start until halfway through so we can wait to buy that one.

He was ready to get his permit until Tom's accident and the thought of being squished between a semi and a guard rail now has him hyperventilating. I'm trying to convince him to at least get his license so he can drive in town or between towns. If he can get a job around here, he won't have to drive far. He's considering it.

I didn't hang clothes out yesterday. The fatigue level is high and I just wimped out and put a load in the dryer. It's too hot to use it today though so I'll wait and dry another load tonight. Maybe I can get two in since I'm not getting to bed at any reasonable time. I did manage to sleep until 11 a.m. and that sounds good until you realize I didn't get to sleep until 6 a.m.

Yep...five hours again.

I've been working on the beaded scarf again and started a new pair of socks for my mom. These are a pretty teal, yellow, green and purple self-striped yarn that I'm doing in Jaywalker pattern. I love the way it chevrons the stripes. But I'm not loving the yarn. I got it at Hobby Lobby and won't make that mistake again. I'll just have to knit socks less and get the good yarn at Loose Ends. (See sidebar) They usually have a good supply.

I picked up my feather and fan shawl again but it was a bit too hot for it until late at night and by that time I was seeing double so I put it up. I have some cotton I can use for grocery bags so I might start one tonight. Cotton I can knit any time.

I should get back to spinning on my kick spindle. I had it out last month and really enjoyed it but I keep forgetting. It's not hot to use since I don't end up with a lapful of wool but I just never seem to remember. And it sits on top of the television that I look at every day.

I need a new brain, I think.

Off for a nap because as hard as I try I can't stay awake until this evening and then I must fix supper. I'm using a store brand box mix of macaroni and cheese and will add 3 ounces of fried up hamburger (drained and rinsed) into it with a veg and salad. Cheap and easy. Not to mention quick.

I hope to get outside this week for yardwork but I'm having trouble functioning from the pain and fatigue right now. I feel like the answer is right out of reach. Sigh.

TTFN

4 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Let me know if you can find a place to get a new brain. Or a recharge. I could use one, too! :-)

On a more serious note, I have found a site that I find interesting and helpful in these overloaded times:

http://zenhabits.net/

Anonymous said...

Hope things are looking up!

knittingdragonflies said...

Hey can I order a new brain also? Get that kick spindle off of the TV set and get to kicking. We want to see some fiber photos!!
Take care.
Vicki

knittingdragonflies said...

Oh I forgot thanks for reminding me of the meteor shower!!
Vicki