Thursday, August 6, 2009

Burned out

I guess I knew, deep down inside me, that it would happen, that the energy pulse would slow down, but it's still a downer to me. I could get used to getting a lot of things done in the course of a day. But today I'm just maintaining. I'm keeping clean what is clean but not making progress otherwise.

I am hoping that my bounce back is quicker this time though. I have so much that needs to be done.

I really need to get my plants transplanted to the ground, which means a lot of digging in clay that has some pretty compacted grass roots. Tom is going up north this weekend to his brother's cabin with his sister driving up this time so maybe I'll get it done today. I don't really want to spend my entire free weekend working but what choices do I have?

Zach's TBA classes that we couldn't find out the dates on turn out to be online courses. He's not happy about it since he doesn't feel he learns as well or as much online but his instructor is one he's very familiar with so that might make a difference. Fortunately for us, that means less driving time to Fond du Lac. Now we just need to hear about the internship. I hope against hope it can be down here somewhere instead of an hour away.

I need to get supper started so this will be a short entry. I'm so very tired today. I was so heartened by all that energy only to have days like this. At least I'm not confined to the couch though and that's a gift. Normally on a down day I can't function at all.

TTFn

3 comments:

MadPriest said...

Kathy,
There are far too many "I needs" in this post. Let go of them. Go with the flow. Be kind to yourself. Pressure is stressful and stress is so tiring.
I pray that you will be all bouncy again faster than you can say "I need to do the washing up."
Jonathan

knittingdragonflies said...

Every up phase has its complimentary down one. It is hard to take. But I try to remember that I will need to rest, you got a lot done!!
Dont feel bad
Vicki

Kathy said...

Thanks, both of you. It's hard for me because a lot of people don't understand fibromyalgia and have told me I'm lazy and just need to get out more/do more/get over it. It's much the same with my OCD son. They tell him to just get over it, too.

I tend to fret too much about it, what other people think. I truly wish I could just use the down time more efficiently, like for study or for knitting and catching up on other reading, instead of just worrying what it looks like to other people when I have no energy.

I will take all the advice to heart and make an effort to not worry about it so much.