Thursday, August 13, 2009

I remembered the Perseids.

I managed to see a few meteorites streaking across the sky but as I was watching, I was doing this weird gyrating dance called the Get These D*mned Mosquitoes Off Of Me ballet number 6 in E major. Our backyard is home to a nation of mosquitoes. And that's why I rarely go outside after dark.

Today was hectic. Zach got his books and wiped out a third of his savings account but they are paid for and the last he will buy. Found out his internship will be managed from Beaver Dam so we won't have to drive to Fond du Lac for that. He even has a chance of getting one through the school itself. Good news just keeps happenin'.

Unfortunately got the insurance bill today, too, and I'm planning on starting my heart up again soon as I wasn't expecting it this month for some reason. I've got $150 in extra bills this month already and the payment for the insurance is around $300. Let's see how far I can stretch the food we've got in the pantry and freezer 'cause that's the only leeway I've got.

Somehow it will work out because it has to. There's just no alternative. It has to work out.

I'm going to work in the yard tomorrow and get some things in the ground. I've decided to keep the strawberries in pots because my sister-in-law told me the roots on her strawberries got eaten up by chipmunks and those are the little beggars that keep me up at night because Professor can hear and smell them and barks hysterically at them at 4 a.m. So if they're in the area, I'd better not put food out for them. I can move some of my other stuff into the ground though and that will free up some pots for more strawberries. I also have a green pepper growing. It may be the only one I get but I'll sure enjoy it.

I started knitting a charm bag necklace last night. Just something I'm making up as I go along. I'm knitting it with size 0 double pointed needles and using crochet cotton size 10. The stitches are so tiny. I'll let you know how it works out.

The Jaywalker socks are moving along in spite of the crummy sock yarn. Once knitted it looks great, but it's splitty and tends to bunch up and give me thick spots. I'm planning on working on the beaded scarf tonight. I've been neglecting it the past couple of nights.

And Vicki is kicking my hind end to get my spindle out and spinning so I'm planning on doing that tomorrow. Waves at Vicki. I also want to get back to drawing. I got discouraged and put it up again but I won't get better that way so...perseverance is my new watchword.

And the piano just keeps quietly looking at me all the time, waiting for me to notice how clean and shiny she is, just longing for some affectionate touching. I'm going to do that when I finish this post 'cause I really do miss her.

Well, off to finish up the kitchen, play the piano and then Midsomer Murders and some knitting.

TTFN

No comments: