Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mid August and the most beautiful weather

I did all the errands today and forgot to stop by the campus and pick up one of Zach's books for a class he needs on Monday. So...I'll need to make another trip tomorrow. With all that driving facing me, I'm beginning to feel like a hermit, wanting to stay home and not leave. Of course, after a couple of days of that I'm squirming with cabin fever. So off to pick it up first thing tomorrow so I can get busy with some cooking and freezing for next week.

We didn't stop and get his driving permit though. He asked if we could wait another week for that. I will but it's hard to know when to back down and when to keep encouraging. I walk a fine line that his doctor agrees with although no one in the family does. Not even his own father. I've become the perpetual bad guy.

Too tired to cook tonight so I bought a can of beef stew for Tom. We grabbed a bite out...sort of a last hurrah because we won't be able to do it again for a long time. We each had a book from the library: I had Dead Until Dark (the first Sookie Stackhouse book) and Zach had a book about the man who wrote Groucho Marx's films and was influential in comedy in the early era of television. Can't think of his name right now but Zach was chortling throughout supper. It was a nice relaxing time except for one diner who had to talk quite loudly to her daughter and granddaughter. I'm sure there are people who just naturally talk a bit louder than other people but it was a bit annoying. Yes, I can be snarky.

I got set 12 of Midsomer Murders from the library today. I'm not sure I've seen this season but if I have, it's only been once when it was on television. I'm a bit excited to get started on it so I'm going to hop into bed early tonight and maybe finish up the next baby blanket. Then I think I'm going to start on the grocery bags to sell at church to help out with our deficit. Not that it will be much though.

I'm saving the sock for travel next week. I don't plan on taking games this time but I'll be using that time for study and research. I've got some books on herbs, religion and history that I'm goint to read for the next few weeks. Who knows where my interests will go from there.

Off to finish up my chores for the day which includes a bit of handwashing and dish washing and then curling up to watch DCI Tom Barnaby et al.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh I love Midsomer Murders!! Enjoy!

Kathy said...

Midsomer Murders is my favorite of all British shows. I'm waiting rather impatiently for the library to purchase the latest seasons.

British tv is so great.