Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I swear I fastforwarded through the past week

Where did the week go? It seems a blur between the cleaning and starting school. And trying desperately to find some energy to go with all of the above. Surprisingly I've been sleeping lately. Good, nearly uninterrupted sleep. Nearly 8 hours worth nightly.

And I'm still so very tired all the time. I got on the scales the other day thinking I would either faint from the numbers I was seeing or start screaming. I haven't gained a pound from last year's physical. So obviously all I need to do is start eating a bit healthier and add some exercise. Slowly though. Always before I start up like gangbusters and wear out within a week or so. Dieting only makes me hungrier and in time starving so that I just can't stand it anymore and start eating unable to stop.

I'm definitely not getting on that merry-go-round again.

But I do need to increase my cardio strength. I need to be able to climb some stairs without panting. I need to get through a day feeling good about myself instead of berating myself for not accomplishing anything.

Yesterday was the long day at FDL. Fortunately they showed the new Star Trek movie during the early evening and while there were only two of us in the room throughout the whole movie, I did enjoy it. I had brought my knitting to do while I read Harry Potter so I has plenty to do while watching. And Zach left me his laptop so I could watch Firefly on hulu.com but I forgot any headphones so I could barely hear anything. Laptops aren't great for sound. Next week I'll remember to bring them.

No school today for Zach although we crawled out of bed at the ungodly hour of 7 a.m. and drove there anyway. Serves us right for not actually reading the whole schedule. I plan on leaving him there on Wednesdays instead of staying in the car. No shade for one thing and it's not that far from home for another. I can accomplish a lot in four hours at home that I couldn't do while waiting for him. And with gas still under $3 a gallon, I think we'll be okay. Now we just need to see what his internship will be and when and where.

And of course today I decided that while I was in Beaver Dam I would just do all the shopping, library trips and errands only to get home and see that the show that I put on hold had come in after I was there. I had hoped not to go back to BD until Sunday for church but I think I'll go Friday and give myself tomorrow off. I need to get some meals prepared and frozen ahead of time for next week so I might as well do it while I have free and total access to the kitchen. Weekends there is a trigger that goes off in everyone's brain when I start baking or cooking that tells them to go to the kitchen and compete with me for space. I have seriously had to just put things away because we have a tiny galley kitchen that two people cannot occupy at the same time. Let alone three. So...if I wait until Tom goes to work I should be pretty safe because Zach I can boss around. Tom not so much.

I started a new baby blanket for the Haiti project. I have a huge bag of odds and ends of colors with not enough of one color scheme to make anything. So I'm using sage green as a base (which I seem to have plenty of but not the same dye lot) I'm reaching blind into my bag and knitting two rows of whatever color I pull out. Just a plain stockinette with garter stitch edgings and it's working out pretty well. Two rows (or four if I just get the urge) of whatever color and then two rows of the sage green. It's odd how these disparate colors are blending well together. Maybe I'll break down and take some pictures tomorrow of the stuff I've been knitting.

Just a thought.

Off to read some Harry Potter and some Bishop Spong that I got from the library today. The Tuesday night turnaround will be difficult but it will only be for 8 weeks so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can survive it.

TTFN

No comments: