Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a day!

I hope I don't end up paying for this later but I got so much done today.  Maybe not by most people's standards,  but by mine, it was tremendous.

I started out the day by taking Professor for a walk.  I was a bit concerned because yesterday he wouldn't put any weight on the leg at all and seemed down.  I wondered if it was because we had been gone all day Tuesday.   At any rate, he started out not using it at all but by half a block was walking on it without limping.  Three quarters of the way around the block he started limping though so I carried him the last bit.  Still, he's still using it more than he normally does.

I think once around the block per day until he can do it without limping.  Then we'll go further afield.

I also did the shopping today, which I find so exhausting.  I don't know why but it does wear me out.  Still, I had so much to do that when I got home, I started in cleaning the refrigerator.  A daunting task for me.  But I got it done and it does look nice.  I need to keep up with it because I had to throw out way too much stuff that went bad.

Then, Zach and I headed outside to do the yard but we couldn't get the power mower started. I'll have Tom look at it but I don't know.  It's being held together with vice grips for now.  I hope we can hold it together for at least another year but it never was a very good mower and will most likely need to be replaced.  More money out of savings.

I had to clean the yard up so Zach could mow.  Tom had the garden hose laying across the yard and had dumped some wood in the middle of the garden.  Unfortunately the wood had tons of nails in it and I nearly ran them through me when I was carrying them.  I also had to put the extension ladder away.  It's been out in the yard since he brought it home from his brother's cabin.

I'm fixing supper right now and then I've got a bit of laundry to do.  After that, I'm going to call it a day because I suspect I'll be hurting tomorrow and I've still got so much to do.  I'm at the stage now when I don't think I'm going to have a garden at all this summer.  I may end up putting some of it in pots and maybe limiting it to the onions and herbs.  I'm annoyed that the garden hasn't been turned by now but what can I do?  It's getting almost too late.

I could probably turn enough of it for some mounds of zucchini and pumpkin though.  Beyond that I think I need to be realistic.

I'm anxious to close the curtains and crawl into bed though.  I'm beat.  On paper it sounds like such a small amount of work but for me it's a lot.

I've been looking at tea cozy patterns.  Like I need another project.  I searched Ravelry but I'm going to continue looking.  Maybe knittingpatternscentral.  That's still one of my favorite sites.

Supper just dinged so I guess I'd better go eat.

TTFN


No comments: