Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last day of vacation for me

Professor has a food taster.  He won't eat anything I try to feed him (aside from his treats) unless the cat will eat it first.  I don't think he trusts me.

Seriously, I've been trying for a couple of weeks to feed him his NSAIDs and I've had to give Hannibal a piece of hot dog or chicken or braunsweiger first.  If the cat will eat it, Professor will eat it.

What does he think?  I'm trying to poison him?

Maybe.

Anyway, now I'm trying to give him glucosamine tablets in order to strengthen his knee joint. Because the tablets are huge (and supposedly yummy and chewable) I have to grind them up in my mortar and pestle and hide them in his food.  And since his taste in food varies from day to day, this is not fun.

The vet tech I talked to said it takes six weeks before we would see results.  This is going to be a long six weeks, I'm thinking.

I've got my art supplies set up and tomorrow I start setting aside time for just drawing, painting and such.  I'm also planning on getting some work done outside as well.  The inside can wait until a rainy day.

I bought some ground beef from the store Thursday but it's gone bad already.  It shouldn't have done that so soon.  It was refrigerated.  Needless to say my whole kitchen reeks.  And I still need more meat.  I'll get some more tonight after I pick Zach up from work and freeze it tonight instead of waiting.

I just watched Get Smart on HBO.  I don't usually laugh out loud when I watch a movie but I did for this one.  It was great.  I'm not loving Once Upon a Time in Mexico much, but I did love El Mariachi.  I didn't expect to but it was good.   I'm a bit compulsive about watching complete series of things, even when I don't like it all.  I've been able to overcome it at times, but it's a sense of leaving things incomplete that weighs on me.

I've been mostly watching movies while listening to commentaries this weekend.  I learn a lot about the writing process, the behind-the-scenes processes and I can work without watching the television so much.  That way I can do more detailed work and still be entertained.  I plan on getting the ancient boom box out so I can listen to cds (or the radio) while I work on my art because I'm not real good with silence.

I think I'm going to have to trim my fingernails though.  I'm having a hard time typing because my left hand has some dandy long fingernails on it.  Looks good but is so impractical.  Especially when I get outside tomorrow to dig around in the dirt and plant stuff.

I should pick up some more dirt from the store, too, because I'm mostly going with container gardening this summer.  I need a strawberry pot because I know if I plant them in the ground, the rabbits won't leave any for us.  I've got tons of pots to use around here but I need extra dirt. I also need to make the front of the house look nicer.  That's what I plan on working on tomorrow.  That and moving some rocks and broken concrete that Tom tossed to the side of the driveway several years ago.  We can't mow there because it would tear up the blades of the lawn mower but it's a huge section to use the weed eater on.

And maybe I'll get some more wild flowers planted along with the sun flowers.  Maybe.

Well, off to knit a bit before I leave to pick Zach up.  I'd like to finish up the blanket in the next few weeks.  I want to start another big project and don't dare start anything else until I finish something first.

TTFN




No comments: