Tuesday, May 5, 2009

She's back!

I'm feeling much better today.  Not tons of energy but I actually felt like staying out of bed today. Which was good since I had to spend the day in the car up in Fond du Lac.  I did manage to take a nap because I couldn't keep my eyes open which probably looked a bit weird to anyone walking by the car but I didn't really care.  To be honest I suspect several students do that in between classes.

I didn't do a lot while I was waiting.  Read a book, looked over an art book on the history of painting.  Played a little video games on the DS.  Considering I was there all day it's surprising the day went by so quickly.  I'm frustrated with my drawing.  I can't seem to get back to where I was. I'm not sure why.  I know I should be more patient, but I'm not.  It's a problem I've had all my life. I guess I need to conquer things more quickly than I actually can.

Tom has said he's going to get the roto-tiller this weekend and get the ground ready.  I'm not sure what he's going to do with the rain barrel.  I'm not going to die on that hill though. Wherever it goes is fine with me as long as the bush gets re-planted somewhere else.  I'm hoping my energy levels will be high enough I can get some yard work done this weekend. There is so much to do.

Zach and I are going to get our bikes out this weekend and take them someplace where it's flatter so we can build up our stamina on them.  Here it's hilly.  Our house is on the side of a hill, near the top and no matter where we go from here we've got lots of hills to deal with.  I'm so out of shape that we ended up walking our bikes everywhere we went last summer.  So I figure we'll go somewhere there are, at the least, gentle slopes instead of steep hills.

I've been watching The Royal on PBS this past winter and I guess the latest season started a couple of weeks ago.  They killed off two of the main characters.  Dang it!  It's a good thing they weren't my favorites though.  It does make you think that no one is expendable on those shows though.

Lately I've been going through my LOTR dvds.  I'm finally to the cast commentaries.  I haven't been interested in getting anything from the library lately.  Just want to watch what I've got. I'm going to do Pirates of the Caribbean next...full making of and commentaries as well.  I love the behind-the-scenes stuff.  I've also been watching Any Dream Will Do on BBCA.  I think it's much better than American Idol.  Much better.  Even though I know the outcome (since it's from two years ago) I still like it.  Of course, my choice won so that's even better.  And of course, I've been watching the re-runs of Torchwood in preparation for season three.  It sounds like they changed the format a lot for season three because of American audiences.  Argh!  One of the reasons it's so good is because it doesn't cater to the American audience.

In the world of bizarre...I got an email from an old boyfriend from over 23 years ago.  Out of the blue.  I guess he just found out who I was married to (they knew and disliked each other) and apparently googled me, found my blog and email address.  I didn't respond for a number of reasons, one being that it was a very painful experience for me and I didn't want to go back there.  Another reason was that I just didn't care.  I mean...not at all.  I haven't been curious about his life or what happened to him.  I haven't even thought of him in a zillion years.

So when I didn't respond to him he emailed again with a snarky remark.  Which made me laugh. I mean it's still all about him apparently.  But seriously...he told me he'd been sober since '88 but has an email name with a reference to marijuana in it.  Riiiight.  

Well, I'm off to bring Professor inside, straighten up the kitchen and get ready for bed.  I've got knitting to do (I'm interested again!) and one of my favorite things is the end of the day when I can shut the curtains and shut out the world so I can live in my own.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me while I went through that awful fatigue cycle.  I sure hope I don't have to go through it again anytime soon.

TTFN

No comments: