Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Still so far to go


I worked on cylinders and cones today and did much better on them than I did spheres and cubes.  Anyway this is the accomplishment of the day.  The original is from an art instruction book but it wasn't one of the lessons but one of the examples.  I thought I would try harder to get sizing and proportion right.

I still struggle with wanting to walk away from it because I don't think I have any talent.  I have a huge fear of failure thing that is debilitating.  Sometimes I can't function at all because I can't get past it.

I'm nearly finished with one of my dad's socks.  I'm on the toe, which is one of the fun things about sock knitting.  That and turning the heel are the reason I knit socks.

The blanket is coming along slowly, but it's a bigger blanket than I did last time and I'm spending less time on it.  The other ones are in Haiti now and maybe wrapped around a baby as we speak. Or...type.  Or...read.

I'm also working steadily on the beaded lace scarf.  That one I'm taking my time on since I love lace but can't really afford to get anymore yarn any time soon.  It's nice to work with the good stuff now and then.

I didn't get much done today.  Only a couple of hours of art but no real cleaning or yard work. It's been near-rainy all day and cold, and inside it's been dark and dreary.  I had the energy to clean but not the desire.  I might still end up cleaning the kitchen really well before bedtime.  But Zach has a meeting tonight so we're leaving in a few minutes for that and I'm not sure how late the meeting will last.  Not long, I hope.

I think one of the reasons I retained so much more energy today, after all the physical labor I did yesterday, was that I slept late this morning.  I woke up early but forced myself to sleep another couple of hours and I felt better for it.  It helped that Tom wasn't downstairs banging dishes in the kitchen or growling loudly so I'll hear how upset he is over something that I was supposed to have done, or turning the television on in the dining room so you could hear it upstairs. Or even slamming doors as he does.

Apparently he slept late too.  

I don't really like sleeping late on a regular basis because I have to get up early now and then and if I'm used to sleeping until 11 a.m. then getting up at 6 is losing 5 hours of sleep.  So I need to try, at least, to get to bed earlier and get up earlier.  But rest is something that I don't get very often so when I can get it, I will.

I watched The Reaping last night on onDemand.  It wasn't bad but not my favorite movie, although I love Hilary Swank in nearly everything she does.  I have a book in at the library.  It's a series from Robin Hobb that John Howe has done the covers on.  I've heard a lot of people on the forum talk about the books so I thought I would read them.  I haven't been reading lately so I need to get back into it.  It does help sharpen up my mind a bit and heaven knows I need it done.

Didn't survive on the vegetarian diet very long.  I knew I wouldn't so I didn't have high expectations.  I am still checking out the rice milk to see if my stomach will settle down.  I haven't had any stomach problems since I've been using it.  Could be coincidence but I'll see. Maybe I just can't digest milk anymore.  Which would be a shame unless those lactaid pills would work on me.

Didn't hear back from the doctor about going on niaspan without going into the office to see her. I'll give her a day or two since it was a long weekend and I'm sure she's busy today.  I really don't want to go on in because the side effects are horrendous.  I can't sleep when I take them because of the hot flashes and the constant itching.  Not to mention, they're expensive.

Still, maybe I can do something in my diet to fix it.  

Well, it's nearly time to leave so I'll catch you all tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: