Monday, May 11, 2009

A glimmer of hope

There appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel.  I took Professor walkies this morning, first thing, and he started walking on the leg.  And he didn't appear to be limping either.  He did wear out halfway around the block so I carried him the rest of the way home, but I think I'm going to postpone the X-rays for another week so he can finish up his NSAIDs.  I had really written the surgery off as a done deal but now I'm not so sure.

Zach isn't going to his class party tonight so I might get some of the garden turned this afternoon. I had intended to use the water in the rain barrel when I planted this weekend but Tom emptied it all out yesterday.  I'm pounding my head on the desk over this.  I'm not sure he understands the purpose of a rain barrel.  When I told him that I had intended to use the water for the garden, he seemed perplexed.  I'm just absolutely flummoxed by him sometimes.

Zach took me to Appleby's for lunch yesterday but I ended up paying because he never spends money on himself so he can save for school and I wasn't going to let him spend money on me.  He shows me how much he loves me every day.  I've got no complaints.

Heard from Stephen as well.  It's so good to keep in touch with your kids.

I talked to my mother yesterday.  I do miss her but I'm just not going to go down there yet. Maybe later in the summer before school starts up again.

Ran into some good luck yesterday.  Our water heater is badly rusted all around the bottom and has been leaking for a few years.  Enough to leave the floor constantly wet around it.  I found one on Freecycle that is used but in better shape than ours.  The woman said her husband wanted to just have it hauled away but she thought someone might want to use it.  So Tom and Zach went and got it and Tom will install it next weekend.  Probably.  Maybe.

At any rate, we've got it.

Vicki is having another giveaway on her blog.  Laceweight yarn this time.  And it's lovely.  Jan is trying to seduce me to the crochet side with all her lovely projects.  Enough that this time I might just get another book from the library and actually start on one.  Especially since I found all my hooks.  I almost have to start from the beginning again because the way things are written has changed a bit since I last crocheted.  And believe it or not, they didn't use charts way back when I crocheted.

Watched Any Dream Will Do again last night.  I know how it ends but it's still a great show to watch.  I don't know why Britain does television so much better than the U.S. does.  But this is so much better than American Idol.  And I absolutely wish we got Nevermind the Buzzcocks here. That show is hilarious.

Well, I'm off to the library and to get my prescriptions.  Oh, and I found out that the book I got that had the same title as the Neil Boyd book is actually by Neil Boyd since he and Peter DeRosa are the same person.  Duh!  I didn't know that beforehand.  And now I can't seem to get interested in it again.  Oh well.

TTFN


2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I agree with you about the TV in England. Hope you get the water heater in, I bet it makes a difference in your electric/or gas bill. Sounds like you are keeping busy. Luck with the garden, and you made me remember we use to have a rain barrel.
Vicki

Sabrina said...

I have been trying to crochet for about a year and a half. Knitting is so much easier for me.