Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maybe I should be a weather-spotter

We had a major thunderstorm tonight.  While I was sitting in the parking lot of Moraine Park, the tornado warning siren went off.  I thought about going inside but to be honest, the sky just didn't look like one was in the area.  I'm not an expert but the clouds were nearly still, not rotating at all. The sky wasn't green or showing any kind of activity.  And I really thought it would be more dangerous to walk across the wet parking lot and the lawn while the lightening was flashing constantly.  Zach, of course, was very worried about me (and the tornado).  Apparently one was sighted south of Fond du Lac.  Maybe I should have gone inside but we get so many warnings that never amount to anything.

School is almost over.  One week to go.  Zach is taking the summer off but Tom wants him to sign up for some online classes.  Where I have no idea.  It wouldn't count toward his degree and he wouldn't get what he needs anyway.  I don't have a problem with him working and taking the summer off.  He's worked steadily for two solid years with school and work, summers included. Since next summer he'll be out there, hopefully, starting out in the world of adult employment, he won't get summers off anymore.  Let him have one last one.

I'm sure looking forward to the summer off.  I have plans for making our yard look better.  We're the people everyone complains about...the ones who are driving the property values down.  I'm going to try to change that.  Tom is obsessing about the bathroom, wanting to fix it up. Personally I think the leaking water heater of the leaking roof might take priority over a bathroom that needs cosmetic help, but what do I know?

It's hard to type with a puppy lying on my arms.  Professor won't let me out of his sight whenever we get home.  Although after tomorrow he might not be speaking to me anymore. I've got an appointment with the vet to see about his leg.  Everytime I mentioned wanting to take him, Tom would be real negative about it, saying that he was getting better, walking on it, playing on it, etc.  Professor was fine. 

So when I called the vet the other day to set up an appointment, he told me he was surprised I hadn't taken him sooner.  He would have.

I must repeat to myself over and over again:  thou shalt not kill.

I got a book from the library today that I thought I hadn't read before but just a few pages into it, I realized I had.  But I can't for the life of me think when I would have since it's not at our library and I would have had to use the SHARE system.  Oh, well.  It's a quick read and funny so I'll finish it.  I also got the wrong book.  I had intended to get a book by Neil Boyd about the Papacy and got one by Peter DeRosa instead.  They had the exact same title.  I'll read it though. It does look good although not a very favorable view. 

I tried to get some knitting done last night but spent more time frogging back than knitting.  Both projects had some very sloppy knitting from the night before last.  I must have been very tired.  And I had trouble with dropped stitches on my beaded lace scarf project.  I'm really looking lovingly at the drawer the sock yarn is in.  I'm so fickle.

Speaking of sock yarn, Loose Ends (look to the left under Shopping) is having a sale on sock yarn. Dare I?  With money being so tight right now and me needing to spend money on a trip?

Tom' s supper is nearly ready and I'm ready to get into my pajamas and curl under the covers to knit and watch dvds.  My energy level is nearly back to normal (which isn't actually normal at all, but is better than what I have been dealing with) so I'm looking forward to putting some time in outdoors.  Our neighbors must hate us.

TTFN




No comments: