Monday, May 18, 2009

Has it really been so long since I blogged?

Well, I ended up paying for the busy day in spite of trying to moderate my activities.  Saturday I spent it mostly laying around but depression was part of it.  Saturday night I managed to get to bed early since I had to get up and fix a meal for 30+ people for coffee hour.  I must learn to say no better.  

After an hour of sleep I woke up to some noise in the house (I'm trying very hard not to be accusatory here but some people don't know how to shut a door without slamming it, if you know what I mean.)  After that it took a while to get back to sleep and ever single time I managed to doze off, one of the pets woke me up again.  My sleep was so fragile that night that I just couldn't manage to hold onto it.

Finally an hour before I had to get up, I fell asleep.

I had no choice this time.  I had to go to church.  

So I made the casseroles (pizza casseroles) and popped them into the car and made it to church without spilling anything over the floor of the car.  The oven at church didn't like me, however, and it took the whole time at 450 degrees to bake the stuff.  It would bake on one side and be raw on the other.

Needless to say I stayed in the kitchen the whole time and missed the Asbury Clowns (which is why we needed a meal for coffee hour.)  Zach popped down to watch the oven so I could go up for communion though.  But it wasn't the same.

So I was surviving on one hour of sleep since the hour at the beginning of the night didn't really count.  I tried to nap during the day but with Mr. Yappy and all the other noise going on in the house, I didn't make it.  I ended up going to sleep at 8:30 p.m. but woke up at midnight remembering I hadn't given Professor his medicine (or taken my own for that matter) or put down some potty papers for him.  After that I was up until 4 a.m.

I slept until 9:30 a.m. and have been up ever since.

I've been very busy today, rearranging my room (of course) and cleaning up the dining room, which was a complete disaster due to someone dumping the contents of a vehicle on the floor some weeks ago and not putting it away.  I needed to put the couch back to being a couch again because using it as a bed all the time was too hard on it.  So it's back to making up the bed every night and putting it up every morning.

Some day I will have my own room and a real bed.

I called the vet today and cancelled Professor's appointment again.  He's been walking on his leg a lot more and not turning the foot inward.  I just can't spend all that money on anesthetic, X-rays and blood work if he's slowly getting back to normal.  They really understood and were great about it.  It's hard to keep him from running and jumping though.

It's so good to be able to stay home for a while.  I decided not to apply at McSnacky's because the days I could work this summer I wouldn't be able to work this fall because of Zach's schedule. And I don't need to have a job for less than three months on my resume.  So I will focus on working here and hoping for a late garden (we had frost over the weekend) and maybe repairing as much as I can of the house.  I'm also going to fix the yard up so we don't look like the worst house on the block anymore.

I've nearly got one of my dad's socks done but the rest of my knitting has been sporadic, although progress has been made, however little.  It's hard to keep myself from starting more projects out of boredom.

I watched P.S. I Love You the other night.  Big mistake.  I cried so hard my eyes swelled up.  I don't know why I can't cry prettily like they do in the movies.  I rarely cry so maybe it was a good thing.  At least I was alone while I was sobbing hysterically.

I really hate looking foolish.

Hopefully I'll be more productive this week and won't have one good day for every three down on the couch.

TTFN

No comments: