Thursday, August 23, 2012

No knitting lately

I thought I was coming down with a summer cold or something but after a good night's sleep, I felt fine the next day.  But that night I felt like crap.  Of course, "fine" is a relative term for me, meaning I felt as good as I ever feel, which is never really "fine."

I haven't been knitting the past few days because I've just been so tired.  In fact, nothing is getting done except me taking lots of naps and sleeping until 2 p.m.  One day I slept until 4 p.m.  When I sleep that late, nothing gets done, of course.  And there are nights when I see the sun rise and that's the reason I'm sleeping until the afternoon, but at least I'm sleeping.  And I can feel the difference in me when I do get that sleep.

I'm filling up the inventory on my dvr box again but I've only got about 6% so far.  I haven't been watching the True Blood episodes, though, and I should get back to that before they're due back at the library.  I have been doing a lot of reading though.  The Sookie Stackhouse mysteries are very addictive and I just can't seem to put them down.  Great literature?  Nah, but I love them anyway.

I have to do laundry tomorrow and hopefully hang them out on the line. I'm trying to get back into tightwad mode as I just brought the checkbook up to date and while things aren't dire, they're close.  Plus Tom has a trip up north coming up soon and we'll need to account for that in the monthly expenses somehow.  Not to mention the family picnic where we'll have to chip in for the meat and cost of the shelter rental.  Not out of reach, but it must be accounted for somehow.

I need to go fix supper and then I'm going back to bed.  Hopefully I'll get to bed sooner tonight.  I managed to get to bed by about 4 a.m. this morning.  That's about 3 hours earlier than I've managed all week.  It would be nice to have a regular bedtime but as long as Tom is on 2nd shift, the dog will go apeshit whenever he comes home and I'll just have to wake up anyway.

I have no idea what normal even looks like, to be honest.

TTFN

No comments: