Friday, August 3, 2012

Damned sciatica

And just in time for my appointment with the rheumatologist on Tuesday.  I was walking around with my cane last night but have been able to go without today.  But shopping has exacerbated it and my whole left side from the waist down feels like it's on fire.  Particularly my left butt.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I got something in a can for Tom's supper tonight and Zach has opted for eggs and bacon for his supper so I don't have to cook.  Just go to bed and become best friends with my tube of Aspercreme.  I have to wait a bit before I can take some tramadol because I took some tylenol earlier, hoping it would work better than the ibuprofen, which I think it did.  But if two tramadol won't lessen the pain, neither will two tylenol.

I didn't sleep through the night, darn it.  I kept waking up and then this morning Professor kept barking at me to get up.  I thought he wanted out but apparently he just wanted me up because when I went back to bed he was in my place.  There is room for him in front of the fan but he wanted me out of bed.  No idea why.

I could go back down now, but I would be awake in 20 minutes and then up until 4 a.m. again.

Still, I might not make it much longer.

I checked my library account to make sure I didn't have anything in before we went to town and I didn't.  As soon as we walked in the door the phone rang.  It was the library.  I'm not going back today.  I might not go tomorrow either.  I'll get it Monday at the latest.

Tom won't have time to work on the truck this weekend because he hasn't gotten the part number for the computer so I wasn't able to get a new one.  I don't know what he's going to do because I need the minivan on Tuesday.  My trip is further than his and I'm not taking the car all the way up to Fond du Lac.

And his lead man is back in the hospital so he's having to do his job on the brake press as well as foreman.  And the responsibilities his lead man has as well.  He's exhausted.

Well, I"m going to crawl into bed and hopefully find some relief from the pain.

TTFN

No comments: