Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Early Mother's Day gift to me

Monday night was the night from hell for me concerning sleep.  It wasn't that I couldn't have slept; it's that something happened that upset me so much I was physically sick from it and was up all night, heart-pounding and shaking from both fear and anger.  Thankfully it resolved early next day but it's hard for me to put things aside that are unresolved, especially when I am dismissed without the opportunity to plead my case.

I learned from that night, though. Filed away in my brain and my heart, those lessons learned.

As a result, yesterday was equally miserable.  I slept for a few hours before waking up to go vote in the primary for our recall election.  Then I had errands to run and just grabbed a store brand pizza for the toaster oven for supper.  I slept a few hours, woke up for a few and slept again.  Then Tom came home from work and I was up for another couple of hours.  I ended up waking up at 1 p.m. today.

I was going to stay home but the library called and I had Medium, season 2 in so I went to pick it up.  Then I decided to pick out my Mother's Day gift, went ahead and bought it so I could use it now.  I decided on a new set for my bed.  Instead of turning it back into a living room again, I chose a new comforter and sheets because the set I had was originally Tom's Father's Day gift from long ago, was decidedly masculine and dark.  My bedroom/living room is one of the darkest in the house so a dark bed just adds to it.

I decided on a raspberry colored comforter with gray and white leafy patterns on it.  I didn't want anything too starkly light so this is a good compromise.  Zach wanted me to pick a blue striped one but I hate stripes and blue isn't my favorite color.

Now I need to tackle my bedroom and put it in better shape.  It's gotten cluttered again and I can't sleep well with clutter so a good cleaning and hopefully I'll sleep like a log tonight.

Tomorrow I'll tackle the dining room and kitchen.  I hope.  That's only if I get some sleep.

And once I've got a smidgen of energy again, back to knitting.  I just haven't had any energy to spare on it.

TTFN

No comments: