Monday, May 7, 2012

Crabby Monday

Maybe if I stop worrying about not getting any sleep, I'll get some sleep.  I took two of the herbal sleeping pills last night and joy of joys! got very sleepy so I deliciously curled up under the covers, shut the tv off and immediately went to sleep.

For about 20 minutes.  I was awake until 6 a.m. before falling back asleep.

I give up.  I'll sleep when I can.  It's all I can do.

It also didn't help that Professor went ape-shit over the dogs up the street and his hysterical barking nearly brought on a panic attack.  Being woke up from a deep sleep to hysterical chihuahua barking is worse than any siren or alarm out there.

Plus the phone rang and woke me up, too.

So I decided instead of cleaning today I would run errands.  Besides, I decided on tacos for supper tonight and needed some of the fixings.

I was going to do laundry today but I'm too tired for that.  I have some dry clothes in the dryer I can bring up and maybe start another load but I'm not running up and down the steep basement stairs today.  What I am doing is fixing supper, cleaning up the dishes and crawling into bed with the lights off.  If I fall asleep at 8 p.m. then I do.  If I only sleep until midnight, then I'll just get up and get stuff done instead of lying in bed hoping sleep comes again.  Which it won't.  Until the sun comes up.

And tomorrow I'm tackling both mine and Zach's bedrooms.  Maybe starting with clean, uncluttered rooms will make sleeping better.  Feng shui or something.

And hopefully work outdoors tomorrow mowing and trimming.  If I get some sleep.  The neighbor got to the yard before we could today and mowed way into our yard again, cutting the grass so short at the curb that he's almost permanently killed off all the grass.  Tom won't say anything to him because he thinks the guy is just being a good neighbor.  I disagree.  I think he thinks our yard is his.  This is the guy who parks next to the fire hydrant every day and night so I think he's not terribly concerned about property lines.

But as I'm very crabby today, I'm not going to make an issue of it.  Tom thinks I'm being too critical and should just stop complaining.  If I don't like it, I should get out there and mow before the neighbor does.  But it's rained the past several days and this was the first dry day but I had errands to run first so...  Odd how it's my fault if the neighbor mows into our yard.  Not his.

So crabby me will start supper here in a few, grab the laundry out of the dryer and then go to bed.  My no-good mood will get me into trouble if I don't.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I like the title of this, from now on I'm going to think of all Mondays as Crabby Monday!!
Vicki