Thursday, March 1, 2012

This is getting so old

Tom came home late last night and told me that the truck's battery light was on in addition to a few other trouble lights so until  he can get it fixed, he's taking the car to work.  Which means leaving me home without transportation because he has exactly one day off each week and usually sleeps the whole day because he's so exhausted.  I'd like to license and insure the Concorde that is just sitting there but he won't do it because it costs too much, but with gas at nearly $4 a gallon, him driving the truck every day isn't saving us any money either.  I figure we need 3 cars to have two up and running all the time.

And what happens when Zach gets a job?  How will he keep a job if he doesn't have reliable transportation?  Plus we have had some medical appointments lately.  And there is a program at the library I was thinking about going to that I can't if the truck isn't up and running by then. We have had this problem consistently for the past 16 years.  I am not exaggerating.

So I'm terribly annoyed today that this truck, which has cost us nearly $2000 in the past 6 months is going to cost us even more.  I'm wondering if it's the alternator, which isn't cheap.

So it will have to sit until he has time to work on it.  I have to get up early tomorrow to run to the library to get the manual so he can look at it but I doubt he gets anything done on it this weekend.  While I'm out I have to pick up some stuff at the store that we need as well. 

So, I'm terribly annoyed today and not in the best frame of mind for being newsie.  Sorry.  Hopefully I'll feel better about it all tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: