Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm cold

...but that's okay. I shut the windows late yesterday before the sun went down and was able to keep much of the heat in although I might run the furnace before I go to bed because it's creeping down to about 55 right about now.  I'll be baking in a few minutes so I don't want to use the furnace just yet.

Tom found out that there was nothing wrong with the car aside from a stuck spring in the button on the gear shift so he's got the car today and Zach and I took off just to be out during the week.  We did some errands while we were out but mostly just went window shopping.  Didn't spend a dime but had a good time nonetheless.

I am still not sleeping well. I hate these insomnia cycles.  With the window shut last night, Professor didn't wake me up but I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and just couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and puttered around the house before I went up to wake Tom up since he slept through his alarm. He had to go in early today for a meeting.  Tomorrow, too.  I'm wondering if the reason I'm not sleeping is because I'm worried about him oversleeping.  This isn't the first time I've had to wake him up to get him to work on time. He never, ever had that problem before but this constant work schedule is taking its toll on him. Now I can't rest comfortably.

I did some knitting last night on the socks and the desk cover, but I got sleepy so I shut everything down and then woke right up. Couldn't get to sleep until about 4 a.m. or so.  So 3 and a half hours of sleep won't work for me.  I didn't get anything much done today as a result.

Maybe I'll sleep well tonight because of the cold. It got down to 34 last night although it stayed above 60 here in the house.  Maybe I won't turn the furnace on so I can sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow I've got to get busy on the taxes. I hate doing them.  We had an agreement for years that since I do the bills all the time that Tom would do the taxes but with his schedule he just can't concentrate on them so it's down to me to do them.  Only I'm having trouble concentrating myself.  A chronic problem. I bought a crossword puzzle book hoping that would help me exercise my brain enough.  I just started it so I can't say if it's helping but it's nice to know I can remember some things anyway.

I've got to finish supper up.  Impossible pie tonight because it's easy to fix and I'm so tired.  Tomorrow we need to get back on track with the eating plan.  I know Zach's gained back some weight and I'm to blame for it with my enabling and bad cooking.  It's not doing either of us any good not working on it so I guess I'll put what little energy I've got into that instead of trying to keep up with the house. 

But for now, I'm off to finish up supper and then to bed. I don't care if I only nap for now. I'm so sleepy I'm falling asleep at the computer.

TTFN

No comments: