Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Comeback of sorts

I didn't have anymore energy yesterday but I did have more determination so I got a lot done.  Unfortunately, I pushed through until my legs were shaky and I ended up just falling into bed and sleeping for 10 straight hours.  Which I needed.

What I did was turn the living room back into a bedroom again because I'm just not sleeping well on the futon mattress on its own.  Two futon mattresses, however, make a lovely bed. Plus I just didn't have the energy to make up the couch very often and with the way the couch was placed in the room, with it pulled out as a bed there was not enough space to walk through the room at all.  So it's back to being a bedroom in the exact arrangement it was before.

So that meant the dining room had to have some arranging done to it, albeit not a lot.  Still, a lot of heavy furniture was moved and my legs were toast at the end of the day.  But not my back, fortunately.  Didn't suffer any pain there at all.  And my two tramadol and 3 ibuprofen worked to keep the pain at bay for the night.

Today I worked on laundry, even hanging out a load on the clothesline.  It was warm enough I didn't even wear a coat.  And I haven't used the furnace in about 4 days.  In addition to the laundry I worked on the kitchen, although it's still not as clean as I would like.  It is better though. 

I had planned on homemade pizza tonight but the bread machine is leaking so I can't use it anymore. It's in the trash now.  Instead I made the dough from scratch and it turned out even better than the bread machine dough.  Plus I used less flour.  And it turned out really good, but it was a very time-consuming project, especially with cutting up the veg and all for the toppings.

I have one load of clothes in the dryer and another in a basket on my bed that need to be folded and put away and then I'm hitting the shower so I can get up early tomorrow morning and go to the DMV and license the car so we can have two vehicles again.  Tom is going to call the insurance company. It needs the tires aired up but it started right up today and is pretty good shape mechanically.  Getting it out of the driveway may be dicey as the truck is behind it and it won't start at all now.  I think he can sneak it out across the patch of grass between our driveway and the neighbor's driveway and just get out that way.  Then we can push the truck up to the garage door.

Won't happen tomorrow though. I am anxious to be mobile again.  I can't get done the things I need to do in the few hours I've got before he leaves for work.

Tom spent Sunday putting sealant on the dormer roof but it rained a couple of hours later before it had a chance to cure so we had major leaks.  We've got some shingles in the garage from my sister-in-law's former roofing job and all we need is the barrier paper and nails and he can finish it up in a weekend.  It will do until next summer when we re-do the roof.

I plan on knitting tonight. My head is clear, my mojo is back and my energy level is a bit better than it has been for months.  Still seriously depleted but much better.

Zach is really coming out of his depression and fatigue now that his medical situation is improving. He's sleeping much better and getting up at a decent hour without the alarm.  Something that hasn't happened in years. Plus he's got a spark in his eyes that I haven't seen since he was a youngling.  He has labs next week so we can see just how much his blood levels have improved.  Plus he's lost 13 pounds so far. Not falling off of him but he's not making the mistakes I made by letting my calories get too low and feel like I'm starving all the time.  Soon,I hope to follow his path and get busy on my weight as well.

Time to get off the computer and get busy finishing up my chores so I can go to bed and just chill out the rest of the night.


No comments: