Saturday, March 17, 2012

I still think winter is hiding around the corner

...in spite of the summer weather we're having lately.  It's been so warm I've got the windows open and the fan on at night so I can sleep.  Unfortunately, having those windows open means I'm not sleeping because Professor is reacting to every little noise out there.  And yet, when I get up four times a night to let him out, he won't get off the porch. I couldn't even drag him off the other night.  So he's using his puppy pads instead.  Which he normally doesn't like to use.

So...the third night in a row with little sleep.  I am tired.  I would be cranky, too, but I just don't have the energy.

Also, my neighbor's extremely huge truck is louder than a motorcycle at full rpm and at 3 a.m. brings me to a sitting up position when he comes home. Or leaves an hour or so later.

I haven't been doing much knitting lately.  The fatigue has been bad since I had those two days of productivity so I mostly just go to bed, shut out the lights and veg out until I think it's late enough to go to sleep. Or try to.  Staying asleep hasn't worked out too well lately.

I did knit a while on the Tree of Life afghan last night. I've gotten to the flower garden part, which isn't my favorite part of it.  If it doesn't work out again, I think I'll just come up with a different pattern for that section and continue on with it.  I've also done some knitting on the bamboo pattern socks. I'm nearly to the heel flap on the second sock.  I really like how they've turned out.  I'll probably work a bit on Zach's desk cover tonight, though, since it's mindless knitting and I'll need that after little sleep last night.  Professor woke me up 7 times.  Only three times did he want out.  Other times he wanted me to bring his toys up on the bed because he can't seem to jump up with them in his mouth.  Then he wanted me to play with him.  Another time he just wanted up on the bed and apparently needed me out of it to do that. 

I have to go to the store when Tom gets home this afternoon.  Zach has a D&D game so he won't be going with me.  We plan on having an outing tomorrow.  Being unable to go anywhere during the week aside from very quick trips for errands is getting to me. And there is next to nothing in our bitty city aside from convenience stores and a Subway a mile away.  My dodgy hip can't handle the steep hill for the return trip.  Plus there is a steep part to get there.  So steep the sidewalk has steps to it.

I hope Tom can get the car fixed this weekend.  He only has one day to do it, though.  I'm thankful he has a job but I wish he didn't have to work 6 days a week, every week of the year aside from the occasional holiday. Like Christmas and New Year's.  And Thanksgiving.  And sometimes Memorial Day weekend.  And since he's salaried...no overtime.  It's really wearing him out.  He'll be taking a vacation day for his birthday weekend next month and he gets his birthday off (or the day nearest to it), which he really needs.

Well, I'm off to take a shower and maybe read a while.  I wish I had the energy to enjoy all this sunshine.  Maybe I'll just take a nap instead.

TTFN

No comments: