Monday, November 12, 2007

Where is the love, man?

Did you ever have days when nothing was fun, when all the things you loved doing before you just didn't love doing right now?

I am so there.

I don't know if it's a case of "have to" or what but I don't want to knit the things I have to knit. The teddy bear is just sitting there half-stuffed. The sabbatical sock is a ball of yarn. The Christmas socks for Meg have been started and frogged at least 6 times since yesterday.

I love knitting socks. I just apparently hate having a schedule for it.

And I'm tired. I've not been sleeping much lately. It's that insomnia thing that will haunt me into my old age, I'm sure. It's sure getting old though. I was up at 5 a.m. looking at patterns and watching Apt Pupil, until I put the patterns down and was glued to the television. Ian McKellan is a fantastic actor. Wow.

And this was after The Fountain a bit earlier. That might have been the reason I couldn't sleep. I do have issues with people dying young and facing my own mortality at 3 a.m. is a frequent occurrence of mine. But Hugh Jackman is an incredible actor in that movie. I couldn't believe the range of acting he gave. Double wow.

But...I did win something. I've never won anything in my life but I won something from Angie's blog contest. I'll let you all know what it is as soon as I get it.

Well, maybe not the exact moment. I am, after all, a bit of a procrastinator.

And since Angie had an exposition about exercise today, I exercised. Or rather, Professor exercised me. He has started scratching on the door when he wants to walk. Bless his heart, just once a day, but the past few days I haven't been able to because I've had an infected toe. And being a diabetic, I took it very seriously. I finally had to skip church yesterday so I could leave my shoes off long enough for it to heal. And I did a lot of soaking in epsom salts.

And I ended up freecycling the treadmill after all. I mean...the guy needed it and would have used it. It was gathering dust in my basement and it would have been a few months before I ever got around to using it. If I ever did. So I made someone happy and that felt really good.

So...as far as knitting. I've got to get started on the Christmas socks tonight. I got a book from the library today: Socks Socks Socks. I found a pair in there I thought I might like to knit, called Vine Lace Socks. I thought about cabled socks but one of the patterns pointed out that cables use a bit more yarn and since these have to be women's large, I don't think I'm going to have anything to spare. So I will make them lace.

If this pattern doesn't work, she's getting plain vanilla.

The yarn is Pace and the color is bark. It sure looked chocolate brown until I had it next to my brown hoodie. It's got a lot of gray in it, but it is still very beautiful. Splitty, but beautiful.

I'm still working on the Jesse's Flames socks, the Slytherin Crest bag, the teddy bear, sewing up the seams on the hoodie and the Christmas sock...once I actually start it for real. I'm hoping to have pictures tomorrow.

And *cough* cable, too. The cable is being turned back on tomorrow. Tom is making it sound like I was miserable without it but the truth is I was having to entertain him because he didn't have anything to watch. I was spending a lot of time looking through the library system for documentaries, because that is his choice of television watching. But the libraries have only so many. Movies and tv series make up the bulk of video/dvd selection.

He would go through five documentaries in one day. It would take me probably two hours to locate those dvds.

So I'm giving him back the History Channel for peace of mind.

And I don't mind having Star Trek back either.

Not to mention (be still my heart) Buffy and Angel.

I still want Buffy for Christmas. (she says with one eyebrow arched.)

I think I'm going to go to bed now. I don't care if it's only 8:30, I only got about 2 hours sleep last night and when I tried to take a nap today, Professor became hysterical because some kids were walking a dog outside. Twice. He got a payback when I was out walking him. A dog went ballistic at the window when we walked by and he tried to crawl up my coat to get away from him.

I'm jazzed about winning the contest but my sleepy eyes won't stay open.

TTFN

1 comment:

Angie said...

I think you'll like the yarny prize but I have to find an envelope or something so I can send it! So....I bet you'll see it before Turkey day. :-) I better go exercise now or I'll feel guilty.....