Friday, November 23, 2007

Sunshine

The sun is shining! Amazing how that can cheer a person up. Professor has spent a good deal of time outdoors today, in short increments, but more than he did last winter. He has a short coat and while I put his sweater on him when he goes out, Tom won't so he won't go out as much when Tom is around.


I have pictures today although not all of them are clear.


First, this is what Angie sent me for winning the contest on her blog. I love it and will knit myself some socks and maybe some footies from the Fixation. Thank you, Angie!!



The generic gloves I knitted from Lion Brand Wool. I was combining a few patterns and messed up the thumb gusset so I had to do some creative knitting to fill in the huge gap by short-rowing. It's not too bad and doesn't really show. They are toasty warm.





These will end up being Zach's gloves. The above pair was supposed to be but he saw me knitting these and begged asked me for them. Since I just want warm hands and it doesn't matter what those hands look like, I acquiesed to his demands request and will let him have these.




This is just an old poncho I knitted last winter. I just knitted two long rectangles and sewed them together but the neck opening was huge and I couldn't keep it on my shoulders so I added a yoke to it. I overguessed the number of stitches I picked up and didn't start the ribbing in time but it comes across with a cowl-like neck and it's warm so I like it.




I couldn't get a very good picture of the hooded sweater. It is brown and even standing in the sunlight, it didn't come out very good. Not to mention it's not a good picture of me. But the sweater looks pretty good on and I love how it turned out.



I'm still working on socks and mittens almost exclusively. I want to find a lacy but hearty scarf pattern but that will have to wait a bit.

Off to buy groceries if I can stand Black Friday crowds.

TTFN

3 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I saw that contest--nice that you won!

Your mittens look beautiful and I like the hoodie, too! Very good!

Angie said...

Goodness! You've been saving up your knitty photos! The hoodie looks great and warm and so does the poncho. I don't have any but I've observed that offspring often have first dibs. :-)

I'm glad you liked the yarny prize. I enjoyed having the contest.

Sonya said...

WOW you have some great FOs. I have love the gloves!