Thursday, November 15, 2007

We had flurries today!

It lasted only about 5 minutes and they were practially microscopic but it was snow.

I'm free! For the next three days anyway. Zach finished his first college class tonight and Tom is doing the banking and errands tomorrow on his way up north to shoot Bambi so I don't have to get back into the car until Sunday morning for church. I'm positively giddy.

I got a lot done on the lil brown sock (aka Christmas sock.) It's just a generic sock pattern with a 6X2 ribbing at the cuff. I've turned the heel and am on the foot now. I should be done by Sunday so I can start the second sock.

I'm thinking of making a scarf and mittens as well because not everyone understands how long a pair of socks takes to knit and I mean...one pair of socks for Christmas? I've been wanting to make a scarf lately but I have so many I can't justify it for myself. Neither Zach nor Tom will wear them so this gives me a chance. I'm debating whether to cable or lace it.

Generic mittens though. Maybe with a fair isle pattern that I can wing unless I find something that strikes my fancy.

I need to finish the bear before Sunday. I just need to stuff it and sew it up. I've got it stuffed from the head down to the waist so it's not like it will take a lot of time.

I'm almost done with the hooded sweater. Just the last sleeve and side to sew up. I'm still debating whether to put the front pocket on but at this stage, I'm thinking no. Mostly because I still have enough yarn to make another sweater and if I use it for a pocket, I might not.

It occured to me today that I haven't done a major project since Zach's Jesse's Flames sweater. Mostly small things so I need to plan a new, big project. Maybe another sweater. I do love them. But this time I want to do something challenging. The problem will most likely be narrowing it down to 50 choices though.

I am back on the diet tomorrow. This tightwadding is hard on me figuring out the calories and such and I've been so bad about keeping track. So I spent a little extra and got the kind of foods I need. It really wasn't so much in the long run. Now I have to get my diet mojo back, which is the hardest part. At least I won't have to worry about a lot of cooking the next few days with Tom gone.

They've got the Christmas decorations up in town. And on. I'm so not ready to do that at home. My tree is only 3 ft tall because we have no room for a bigger tree, but even then, it requires a lot of rearranging to figure out the best place for it...one that won't get knocked over by the boys. Last year they knocked it over the first day while they were chasing each other.

I've got to put the truck in the driveway and go to bed. (We can't park on the streets from Nov 1-Apr 15 and yes, they give you a ticket even though it's not snowing. Just because they can.)

TTFN

No comments: