Friday, November 2, 2007

I swear it looked better in person

Dang camera.



Stor Rund Dug, the worsted version, done but not washed or the ends sewn in. And a lousy picture. I'll try to get a better picture this weekend but we will be doing more winterizing and baking so the weekend is going to be pretty full.

I started on some fingerless mitts because I can't find the ones I knitted last year and my hands are cold so I'm working on some new ones. I can't find my wool socks I knitted over the summer either. I know I put them somewhere I could get to them when winter came. I just don't have a clue where that is. I need better organization.

I haven't gotten far on the Jays but I will work on them tonight. I am really drooling to work on the chocolate brown socks but I need to finish these first. Darn this borderline OCD!

I made a library run today for the weekend. Got documentaries, travelogues and British mysteries and dramas. I already have a few comedies (Dead Like Me--one of Tom's favorites) to watch as well. I'm amazed that we really haven't missed cable tv at all. We do get some fuzzy local stations so I can get some local news and weather, but that's all we watch it for. I'm sure I'll watch PBS this weekend. We do get that channel pretty watchable-y. I like the British comedies, Masterpiece Theater, Mystery and Nature. Tom likes Nova as well. I need to remember to tape that during the week for him. I like the occasional POV but I'm not sure if that has been on lately.

Plus, after a week of getting used to it, I'm getting so much more done. The thing is, I can't quit television and put all that time into the internet. I was spending way too much time on Ravelry, getting caught up on the message boards there. I used to do that on AOL and had to go cold turkey on it because it was taking over my life. Not that Ravelry is doing that, but I don't want to go even close to the intensity I used to feel over AOL. I love Ravelry, mostly for the resources though.

But I love blogland better.

I broke down and turned the furnace on this morning...just to get the chill off the house. Zach is under the weather and we can't afford doctor bills, not to mention I don't want my family sick, regardless of how much it costs. It's time to get the hot water bottles out, too, so I'm casting on some covers for them tonight. I put them into the beds about a half hour before we settle in for the night. Makes for some toasty sleeping, let me tell you. But...watch out for the pets. Professor tore a hole in one of them last year. Made for a damp night.

With all the winds we're having here this past week, I plan on hanging out a couple of loads of clothes this weekend. Shouldn't take too long to dry and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hand clothes out.

I've got a ton of stash to knit on this winter, although the bulk of it is acrylic but it will see me through. I feel like a squirrel who is getting all ready for winter.

Speaking of squirrels...they have figured out Professor can't get them through the window and are now taunting him by moseying back and forth on the sidewalk and hanging on the sides of the trees looking at him while he's barking hysterically.

I'm thinking they have a union.

Off to curl up under the afghans and knit the night away with Inspector Morse and maybe a trip to Ireland as well.

TTFN

1 comment:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Wow, Kathy, I think this looks GREAT!! In person, it must knock your socks off... since you're already "knitting with your shoes off." (Ba-da-bum.)
; )