Tuesday, July 31, 2007

All Socks are Fraternal


At least mine are. What is not apparent is that one sock is about a quarter inch shorter than the other. Shhhhh...

I got some needles from the thrift store on Saturday. I'm always finding dpns in twos or threes. Never a whole set. I found some bamboo dpns, size 5. Just three of them. And size 1s as a pair. I got some straight needles, size 1, which I needed. All of that for less than $1.50.

Went to see Harry Potter. Loved it!! It was long but I really loved it. One woman on an email loop I'm on went on and on about how bad it was because it didn't stay close to the book. It's just not possible to convert a book to a script as is. I thought it stayed very faithful to the book. But it was painful to watch after reading Deathly Hallows. 'Nuff said.



I took the Monkeys but it was mighty dark in that theater before the movie started so I only got a couple of rows in before I surrendered. Next time I will bring a lighter project or maybe a headlamp.

Went to Banner Crafts and they had sock yarn on sale. They only had a few colors. I knew I didn't want black and I was already working on a blue pair so I went with this primary colors colorway.



Please tell me that $4 a 1 3/4 oz skein is a good deal. They were $5.70.


I also got some more Woolease to work on my master knitter course.




I'm thinking of switching to the green because it's more interesting than white. And maybe it won't show as many imperfections. Not that my swatches would be imperfect by any means. *cough*

Several other knitters and I are getting to test drive a sock pattern so I still need to find the right yarn for that. The designer has asked that I not show or discuss any progress just yet but I will say that the sock looks fun, interesting and I'm really looking forward to it.

Next month Zach has an orthodontic appt in West Bend so I'll have to visit Hobby Lobby. I'm going to see if they have wooden wheels I can use to make another spindle for my kick spindle and I also want to make a drop spindle.

Plus, I need some new needles. Well, I want new needles. Need is such a relative term.

I have muchly to do tonight so I'm off.

TTFN

1 comment:

Knitcrazy said...

LOVE your socks!!!


Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/