Sunday, July 29, 2007

Boring even myself

I have a bicycle. No, I didn't buy a shiny new one as I intended. Tom and I went to the thrift store yesterday and he found one in really good shape for $10. Even better...it was half-price day. So he came home and fixed the tires and replaced one cable, attached my basket (I have to have a basket on my bike) and now I have a functionable bike for less than $10 (new innertubes.) He's a handy guy to have around.

I'm still struggling with my swatch for the TKGA course. What is wrong with me? I looked online and other swatches are nice and tight. It doesn't matter what method I use, it doesn't look right. I think I'll move on to the other swatches and just come back to this one.

Had to frog back on my Monkeys. One side of the sock didn't look like the rest of them. It was missing a yarn over or something. Reminder: do not knit anything when you haven't slept for 38 hours.

Jesse's Flames is coming along. This is a nice relaxing pattern. I think I'll use it again but put some flames on the body instead of the sleeves. Zach will like that. I can't wait to finish so he can see it. He appreciates the stuff I make for him. I wish I could make some stuff for Stephen but he's in San Diego and while it does get a bit cool in the winter, I can't see him wearing hats or even sweaters. I need to venture into the world of worsted cotton, I guess.

Short entry today. I have to go wash clothes and hang them out. I don't use the dryer unless I have to. Various reasons, one being the cost. When we chose for me to stay home and raise Zach, I knew we would struggle to live on one income so I do what I can to save us money. I stopped using the dishwasher (it took a while to convince Tom...he loves the convenience) and our electric bill went down $20. Hanging out clothes in the winter saves us another $10 which pays for the fans and a/c (which we broke down and bought for Tom this summer...he sleeps during the day upstairs...it can get pretty miserable in the heat.) It's cheaper to use the a/c because we were using at least 4 fans upstairs to make it bearable.

Another reason is because I don't need to use the dryer. I have another option that is less harmful to the environment so I use that. Now, if I need to use the dryer, I do. It's just that to me, that is being a good steward.

Bored now...sorry about that. End of boring sermon.

I'm also going to wash a bunch of fleece today so I am off to get something done.

TTFN

No comments: