Saturday, July 21, 2007

Life in the slow lane

StuffMart was a madhouse last night. I stood in line for about an hour (with my green Slytherin bracelet) only to find out when I was third in line that those who prepaid had to go to customer service. Nuh-uh. I made them sell me a book in that line. They apologized for not letting me know ahead of time and I got my book. I didn't mind waiting in line though. I was knitting on this:



My needles aren't the same color because I pick them up at the thrift store in pairs or singles. I got a few compliments on the sock, mostly for the colors in the yarn. Several high school girls looked at me with really strange expressions on their faces. I have no idea what they were thinking, but it didn't look like they "got it."

I'm only about three chapters into Deathly Hallows. I'm not in any hurry to finish it. I want to savor this last book, but staying away from spoilers is hard. I don't want to stop reading blogs but I may have to.

I should be washing fleece today. We're looking at several days of dry weather (which means my flowers need my help.) But I got my Master's level one course and I want to study the syllabus for that, and I want to knit on Zach's sweater for Christmas (Jesse's Flames.) And I have three socks going (different socks, not part of a matched set.) And I should be mopping floors and cleaning. I did get some organizing done this morning but it's especially hard on weekends because dh is home and hard to clean around.

I found a bicycle in the garage that someone had given Zach (my 18 year old baby) about 10 years ago. It was way too big for him at the time and since we forgot it was there, he inherited Stephen's (my firstborn) a few years ago. It's about my size so I got it out but it's rusted and needs new cables and brake adjustments so it will be a while before I can ride it. I did buy a basket for it though. I'm ready as soon as it is.

I also should be carding wool. I only have about 5 rolags (and they are bitty) and it won't take me but an afternoon to spin that. Not that it will look very well yet. I've got the spinning down, but the drafting is difficult because of the inadequacies of my rolags. But I do improve each time I do this.

I also have books from the library to read on spinning. I am off to accomplish something today. Maybe I'll even find time to walk the dog. My weight loss has slowed down to a crawl these past two months. (Down 59 pounds.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sister, cool blog. I'm going to do one for my sabbatical so I'll need to learn how. Help?

love ya, peg

Kathy said...

I'll call you and walk you through it but there is still so much that I don't know. Email me and let me know when is a good time to call.