Friday, July 27, 2007

Aha!

I figured out the spinning today. I wasn't pinching the yarn off before it got to the draft. I feel like such an idiot. What I got spun today looked a lot more uniform and thin enough that I can ply this batch provided I spin another batch to match it. Something new to learn. Goody!

I got a picture of Jesse's Flame. The first picture is a bit dark but if you look in the upper left-hand corner, you'll see Professor sneaking over to the sweater. I don't know if he wanted the sweater or thought I was going to take his picture again.



So I did.



I don't know why I'm having so much trouble knitting some simple ribbing for my swatch (TKGA MKCL1.) You'd think I'd never done it before. My stitches are wonky. I'm doing okay with not leaving a gap between my knits and purls, but the darn stitches are wonky. I looked at some of my other stuff and the ribbing isn't wonky on them. I switched to a size 7 needle and that helped a lot. It's the weirdest thing. I'd never had trouble knitting worsted weight with a size 8 needle before.

Short post tonight. I'm going upstairs to knit on Jesse and maybe start the Monkeys. Lots of stuff taped that I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

And...I'm getting my new bicycle tomorrow. Tom said it's okay and he's even going to go on bike rides with me. Zach needs new jeans as well. School starts August 27 and his pants are falling off of him. When I went on a diet, he lost weight, too. He's down about 12 pounds.

TTFN

No comments: