Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rain, blessed rain


We got rain today. I woke up to a distant rumble and by the time I got downstairs, it was crash after crash and a deluge. My rain bucket was filled up in minutes. I must get a barrel or something.


This wee guy is the boss of me:





All seven pounds of him. He's a chihuahua/pomeranian mix but out of two litters, he's the only shorthair.

He's even sitting in my knitting seat.


Got some spinning done today. I may be a total loser at this. Or I could just be dealing with evil wool. I decided to knit up my homespun (I'm laughing here to call it that) so I could have a "diary" of my spinning. I'll use it to line the pet bed this winter. Professor gets so cold.



Here it is:



It actually doesn't look too bad. It varies from laceweight to pencil roving through. LOL

I've decided the Fortissima wants to be Monkey socks and that's why I've had so many problems with it. I'm convinced yarn knows what it wants to be and if you don't connect spiritually with your yarn it will bite you in the butt until you do.

Jesse's Flames is coming along nicely. I might post some pictures of it tomorrow. Up until now it was just a black sweater but I have some red in it so the contrast will make it look a bit more interesting.

I have toyed with the idea of working somewhere in the fiber industry but I have no self-confidence. That's one of the reasons for taking the Master Knitter course. I do need to hone my skills. I'm totally self-taught and a lot of that teaching was wrong, wrong, wrong. I never understood gauge until the past few years. I'm such an idiot. For years I made things that didn't fit and never understood the differences in yarns (having only Red Heart available.)

Didn't go to Knit Night tonight. I just flat out didn't feel like it. And I didn't have anything on the needles that compared to what they had on theirs. I don't know that I could have walked in with Lion Brand to a LYS. I definitely couldn't walk in with Red Heart Symphony.

I'm dying to do a lace shawl. I need to sit on my hands and not succumb though. I have so much going on now, I don't think I could enjoy it. I'll wait until things calm down a bit.

Finished Deathly Hallows last night and handed it off to Zach. He did a marathon and was up all night so I let him sleep this afternoon. Excellent book. I think it was her best.

Off to do dishes and clean the house before I can sit down and knit. I worked on my swatches for TKGA today. I thought I had pretty even knitting until I tried to knit a swatch that would be evaluated.

TTFN

No comments: