Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Not my best day

I'm not in the best mood today but I don't want to use this blog as a crying towel so suffice it to say that a 2.5% pay raise this year on top of a 3% pay raise from last year is not a living wage. Especially when you're getting ready to send a child off to college and you stayed home to raise said child for the past 20 years and can't get hired by anyone to help supplement your husband's lousy 2.5% pay raise because you have no work history and no references and no training. But I'm not going to whine about it. No sirree. Not me. 'Nuff said.






Socks. Computer socks. Socks I work on when I'm on the computer. Or socks I try to work on when I'm not holding the Professor. I found some bits and pieces of Lion Brand wool and held my breath hoping I had enough for socks. I do and the colorway is pretty close. Not that you can tell from the picture. I will get the hang of this picture-takin' thing yet.


Got some spinning done today. I learn more each time I do it but I am still so far away from anything acceptable. I have more reading to do, I guess. And more spinning. I've had to play around with the way I roll the rolag. It didn't work out at all doing it the way I saw in a video online. I guess this is just an individual thing.

I'll probably be starting on the TKGA Master Knitter Level I tomorrow. I've been reading up on the guidelines and the syllabus and I think I'm ready. Or at least I'm ready to find out how little I know after40 years of knitting..

Well I'm off to watch whatever I taped today and work on the sock I had to frog back four inches yesterday.
I've had better days.






3 comments:

Lucy said...

Hope you are having a better one today!! Nice looking socks - Good Luck with them!!Hannibal and The Professor look very learned!! Happy Knitting!

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Hmmmmmm Any knitting stores near you that need instructors? I know even Michael's hires teachers once and awhile. If you have that much knitting experience, they would be silly not to hire you.

And if you are doing the master's program, i agree, you probably won't have time for the next mystery shawl. It's going to be a circular shawl and believe me, those are a lot of knitting. Renee does have a yahoo group just for her site where she announces the new mystery shawls and socks. It might be worth it to join up so you know when the next one starts up.

Jen said...

Oh, I hope you are having a good day today! I never understood the 2.5% raise. You get all excited about getting a raise, and then it is not that good. It stinks.

I do love your socks! They are very pretty!

Thanks for stopping my blog.
Jen
http://knittinglikecrazy.blogspot.com
http://knittinglikecrazy.etsy.com