Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get

Had a lovely time at the birthday party. The waitress was impressed with the sock knitting but my friend couldn't understand why anyone would knit socks. Nothing I said really changed her mind. Unfortunately, in the well-lit restaurant, I could see some glaring errors about 4 inches back so I don't know if I'm going to try to fix it or frog it. I really don't want to try to "knit seven together" again. sigh

No pictures today because I'm stinkin' tired. Didn't sleep worth beans last night. Insomnia is an issue for me, especially when I know I have to get up the next day.

Didn't get any more fleece washed but I did get several more freezer bags filled with rolags. I was going to spin today but the party lasted a while. Tomorrow, I'll be going to visit some friends so I don't know if I will get much done.

What is this thing called organization?

Every time I pick up my knitting, the Professor barks at me. If I persist at it, he jumps up in my lap and goes through my circular needles or on top of my dpns. I think he's the boss of me.

I think I will go up to my room, watch Angel and Buffy that I recorded earlier and knit on Zach's sweater, which I think now will be for his birthday instead of Christmas.

My goodness, he starts college August 27. Where have the last 18 years gone?

3 comments:

Julie said...

Only 18 huh? My only granddaughter turned 11 in February, my only daughter turned (gulp) 33 in March. It goes by too quickly, that's for sure.

What do you do with your rolags? Do you keep everything to spin? What type of wheel do you use (if any)?

Kathy said...

My oldest granddaughter is 15 (gulp). My firstborn is 35. How on earth did that happen?

I keep my rolags in freezer bags and squish the air out of them so they lie flat...ish.

I have a kick spindle (scroll down to the first post) that I am learning to use. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing yet but I am learning.

So far I'm way behind in scouring and carding. I want to get caught up before the Sheep and Wool Festival in September. Yeah...caught up...like that's going to happen, huh?

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

I'm with you on the insomnia. The night before my first day at the new job, I slept 2 hours. Thursday nights I seem to only get about 4 or 5 hours of sleep because I know the new work week for me is starting. I just can't sleep when I know I have something to do.

Oh and on the mystery shawl thing, there is no rush for people to keep up with the group. We are about to start MS4 and we just had a couple people announce that they finally finished MS2 the other day. We do have to pay to stay in the group for each mystery, but is is usually under $5 and we get a great pattern and unlimited tech support.