Thursday, March 28, 2013

Three steps back

I'm not making anymore progress on this pneumonia so I'm heading to bed here in a few and staying there all weekend.  I have to make an appointment next week to see the dr again for a follow up so I hope 4 days in bed makes the difference.  I also got some Mucinex to break this shit up in my lungs so I can cough it up.  I'm just not coughing much at all.

Today was the day from hell unfortunately.  I had made an appointment with the vet on Monday to get the pets their rabies shots before the licenses were due on Friday.  I told the receptionist I needed it this week and she said, "How about Thursday at 2:30?"  I said, "Great!" and marked it on the calendar while I was talking to her.  Then I said, "This Thursday at 2:30."  And she said, "Yes."  So we got there today with two pets that really didn't like being in the car and especially didn't like being at the vets'.  So the receptionist says she can't find me and that my appointment is for NEXT Thursday.  I was firm that it was for today and they bitched and moaned about it but squeezed us in like they were doing us a huge favor.  Monday I had asked the receptionist what it was going to cost and she told me $19 each, which I thought was for all the shots.  No, today they charged us $28 EACH for just the rabies shot.  I am so pissed off.  I'm going to be finding a new vet pretty soon.  I really don't like being lied to and I don't like being overcharged.

So we raced  home through a detour (the only other bridge in town is out) put the pets in the house and then raced to city hall to pay the license and the water bill.  Then, because I really didn't want to go out again tomorrow, we headed back to town to do the shopping.  Most of it was me sitting on a bench while Zach attended to the list but it was still very exhausting.

Now I"m heading to bed where I will stay until I feel better.  I am so tired.

No comments: