Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back to knitting

I'm not really resting as much as I should be but lying in bed is boring so I've been spending some time online reading stuff I haven't had a chance to read in the past week.  And to be honest, most of that is boring, too.  I must be getting better if I'm bored.

I was short of breath this morning when I woke up but that's to be expected since it had been about 10 hours since my last hit on the albuterol and symbicort.  After taking both of those, I was in pretty good shape.  Not ready to run a marathon but definitely able to walk around the house without feeling short of breath.  And what I'm coughing up is clear now so...

Only two antibiotics to go and another week of symbicort.  I have a couple of weeks left on the albuterol but I think I'll go back to the dr before I'm done with that.

I watched The Hobbit last night and worked on the purse.  I'm not terribly happy with my results but I can redo it to my satisfaction.  I just have to decide what I'm going to do.  I'm thinking maybe a fibonacci design.  I like the randomness of it but I'm only using 3 colors so I don't know how well that would work.  I might just write out some fibonacci numbers on a piece of paper and  pull them out of a bag or something.

I might do some knitting on the socks tonight as well.  I'm feeling better and able to stay up longer and even knit more.  I'm still sick...I have to remind myself of that.  Slowly but surely I'm getting back to normal though.  Zach is improving as well and able to do the laundry and cooking for me as I'm not going to attempt that tonight.

Tom is going to fix the truck this weekend so I can have the car next week.  I have some appointments that cannot wait any longer so I need transportation.  And not the truck either.  I just have to remind myself not to schedule everything on the same day so I don't get worn out.

I also want to get my plants started in the disposable greenhouse I got from the store.  I'm also planning on planting herbs and things in plastic cups.  I've run out of little pots.  But that takes some energy to do as well so I'm going to wait until next week for that.

And yikes!  I need to get the taxes done as well.  I don't have the book for the federal yet but I can find that online so I'm not worried about it.  I just don't want to wait too late to get it done so I'm frazzled on April 14th.

Well, off to bed and rest for a while.  Stephen has sold over 3000 books so far.  This is the last day the book is free if you're interested.  The book is Rosalind and while it's not an easy read because of the subject matter it's still pretty amazing. I'm very proud of my son.  Both of them actually, but this is Stephen's spotlight this time. :)

No comments: