Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Too much, too soon

I did too much today but shopping had to happen and it would be Sunday before Tom could get to it so we went today.  Zach did all the lifting, heavy or not, and we walked at a snail's pace.  Sat down a time or two also.  As a reward, I got The Hobbit-2 disc set.  I will get the extended edition in December when it comes out but I really wanted to watch it again.  And again.

But it was still too much too early.  I didn't have much of a choice but it doesn't help matters any.

I also got some yarn to make a purse and maybe a matching sweater.  I found a purse online that I liked but even though it wasn't expensive, it wasn't exactly the size I wanted.  Plus I needed longer straps to it so I'm going to wing it and see what happens.  I'm going to line it this time so it doesn't stretch out or so I don't lose things through the stitches.  I'll be using a small needle so it will be as sturdy as possible.

I'm listening to some birds building a nest in my rolled up awning right outside the dining room window.  We keep the awnings rolled up in winter because of snow and wind.  I won't be opening it up until the little guys are out flying.  We won't really need it before June anyway.  I'm surprised they're building nests but I guess it is spring after all.  Even if it is bitterly cold out there with snow on the ground.

The dr's office called again this morning, but much too early for me.  Still, it's good to have a dr care about you like that.  I don't regret going to the hospital at all.  Not only would the expense have been more than we could manage, it would have made Tom's life so utterly impossible with me being in the hospital and him working 14 hour days.  He would literally burn himself out.  This is what happened when we first moved here and I ended up in the hospital with an emergency gall bladder operation. This was the right decision.  It's probably taking longer for me to heal but I am healing and that's the point.

But for now I'm going back to bed for the rest of the night and watch The Hobbit and maybe knit some on the socks.  I didn't knit last night because cleaning the kitchen and cooking supper wore me out.  I might get a row in tonight before I wear out.  Hope so, anyway.

No comments: