Monday, March 18, 2013

Not a fan of pneumonia

I'm much better than I was over the weekend although I still get out of breath walking across the room.  Still better than bent over gasping for breath like I was Thursday and Friday.  I'm taking albuterol, Symbicort and an antibiotic and sleeping a whole lot.  I've been up as much as I've been in bed today although I probably should have stayed in bed more.  Truthfully, I'm bored and sitting at the computer isn't all that tiring.

I am fixing supper tonight though.  Nothing stressful or complicated:  corned beef and cabbage and mashed potatoes.  I'll fix something else for Zach as he won't eat potatoes or cabbage.  Something like corn.

I haven't knitted in a week or so...just been too tired.  I've been in contact with my dad and my sisters but my mother's condition remains the same.  She has chosen to just keep going on until she dies, which is what I told my sisters earlier.  She doesn't want to opt for hospice and end her dialysis.  No matter how much she would like to go home.  Still, the toll on everyone is tremendous and it's hard being up here...and sick...unable to do anything to help down there.

I had a nice nap this afternoon and have been taking my meds faithfully.  The dr's nurse called today to see how I was doing.  I haven't had another dr ever do that with me before.  And this isn't the first time she's done something like this.  She called me one evening after my mastectomy to see how I was doing.  I'm to go in after all my meds have been taken to see if the pneumonia has cleared.  She did say it could take months to get rid of it all.

For now though, I think I'm going back to bed while supper cooks.  I have watched most of my dvr inventory and I'm a bit bored but reclining is better than sitting up after all.

No comments: