Thursday, June 28, 2012

You betcha I'm using the a/c today

Actually I started it last night because Professor wouldn't settle down to sleep.  He was pacing and panting even though I thought it was comfortable in front of the fans so in exchange for sleep, I turned the a/c on and pointed the fan out to the dining room, hoping the rest of the house would benefit from the small a/c I've got in the bedroom/living room.  It worked.  He sprawled on the bed directly in front of the a/c and slept the whole night.  The cat did, too.  And we woke today to a house set at around 80F but dry instead of the 100F heat index that was outside by 11 a.m. today.

And it's worse out there now.

But fortunately by night the temps will be down in the 60s again and I won't need to use the a/c for a few days...I hope.  There are some days predicted at 90F but I'll take it on a day-by-day basis. 

I've got something at the library to pick up and a prescription ready but I don't know if I'll go out tonight or not.  The delivery people are supposed to call between 5 & 8 p.m. to set up a time for tomorrow's delivery of the stove.  I hope they call sooner so I can pick up everything before it closes.  And grab something for supper.  I'm about a half hour away from pulling the stove out and cleaning behind it.  Once I do that, no more cooking.

Too hot to knit although I prefer that to cleaning behind the stove.  Still, I must get busy on it.  I just wish I had a self-cleaning floor and walls so I didn't have to do this, especially on such a hot day.  It's over 80 in the kitchen.

TTFN

No comments: