Saturday, June 16, 2012

Does two nights in a row make a trend?

I'm feeling a bit better having slept 8 whole hours the past two nights.  Not uninterrupted but the interruptions were brief and I was able to go back to sleep immediately.  Doesn't mean I'm getting anything done though.  I'm still very tired.  I'm sure it will take more than a few nights of sleep to get me back to feeling like a real person again.

But I have been knitting.  I'm ready to knit the handles for the shopping bag and started a new shawl for me out of the boucle my sister in law gave me...the one with the lovely striping of blacks and grays..  Just a rectangular garter stitch because what else can you do with boucle, really?  But it's going to be big and light for summer and fall evenings.

Still plugging away at the Greek Key afghan, too, but I decided to keep it because I love it so much.  My mother has said she doesn't want anymore afghans anyway.  So the pressure is off on that one.

Hopefully when we get back from Indiana in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to get going on the house and yard.  Right now the stress is keeping me in that state of perpetual anxiety although the attacks have tapered off a bit.  I'm not waking up in the middle of the night gasping for breath anymore.  At least for now.

In the meantime I have things to pack and wrap and organize because we leave on Friday morning...early.  I'm allergic to early but we have to get there in time for the party since my other sister has to leave Saturday morning.  Just as well.  We might be a bit late but we'll get there.

I had to run to the store to get Zach some more antihistimines.  He's allergic to mosquito bites.  So much so that the bites swell up to around 3 inches in diameter.  Or more.  And for some reason we have been invaded by them. I suspect it's the area around the air conditioner in my room.  I tried to poke tissues in all the various holes and openings I could find, but tomorrow I think I might put foil and duct tape over the rest of the window so we don't miss any of the openings.  I killed at least 50 mosquitoes last night and that's not an exaggeration.  I lost count at 40.  Several of them bit me, of course, so I'm trying not to scratch.  I didn't get any anti-itch cream because it doesn't do any good anyway.

Pizza tonight because I just got back from the store but I'll fix something better tomorrow night.  For Father's day we got Tom a new knife and a box of cheesecake because he loves both.

And now I need to crawl into my shorts and tank top that I won't wear outdoors but indoors I need it.  I didn't use the a/c today because we had a good breeze and lots of clouds.  I keep hoping for rain.  I don't want to mow in spite of all the weeds because the grass is crunchy and hasn't grown at all since we last mowed.  All that needs it are the dandelions.

TTFN

No comments: