Friday, October 21, 2011

The curtains are up

It's been a busy day today, starting at 9 a.m. when I got up.  I didn't hit the floor running but I did a lot of straightening up before anyone else got up, hoping to have a cup of coffee and read a while before that happened but it didn't.  I didn't want to read while Tom had the tv blaring so I watched some tv in the living room.  I do this with the closed captioning on.  Not ideal but it works.  I was going to knit but I was a bit restless so I didn't.  I was waiting for him to leave so I could tackle the living and dining rooms.  They're so cluttered.

I had to move the bookcase out of the foyer because it's under the coat rack so I just stacked most of the books on the stairs to take up later this week.  And put my overflow dvds in there.  It's behind the tv, making a separation of sorts between the living and dining rooms.  It will be hidden behind the curtains when I go to bed at night but that's not a big deal.

Then I took a nap because I couldn't keep my eyes open.  Must have snoozed for an hour, which is not something I do a lot of.  Then off to get the laundry out of the dryer.  I had washed and dried the new curtains to soften them up a bit as they are exactly like the curtains I already had up, only a different color.  The beige works much better than the red.  The dining room looks much bigger now.

I've nearly got the clutter done away with in the dining room but I have two loads of laundry left to do and supper to fix.  And vacuuming and putting away of said laundry.  All that before I can sit down to knit.  Or go to bed, whichever is the more important option when the time comes.

It was sunnier today so the house felt a bit warmer, but it was 55F this morning when I woke up.  Tom had left the upstairs door open and he has his windows open up there.  I've asked a few times for him to keep it shut because he smokes up there and it really nauseates me to smell it, but...well...for whatever reason, he chooses not to all the time.  I did make a point of not wanting to heat the upstairs this winter so maybe the nickels and dimes will work where the consideration factor didn't.

But now it's time to fix supper and get another load out of the dryer and put up the curtains shutting off the foyer.  I won't put curtains on the door just yet.  It's not quite cold enough for that.

TTFN

No comments: