Thursday, April 29, 2010

The wind doth blow

I washed up some stuff by hand this morning...a shirt of Zach's that got attacked by spaghetti sauce and my wrappings for my lymphedema...and hung them out on the line.  I'm waiting now for them to blow away.  It was so windy today I didn't set the seedlings out.  I was afraid they would get ripped out of the potting soil.

I got the stuff to church for the rummage sale.  I don't think I have the energy to work it though.  I'm still dragging and apparently still have a touch of the bronchitis, if that's what it is.  I got some B-12 tablets today to see if that helps with the energy problem though.

I finished up the vest for Bette and discovered that no matter what I do the neck is too small so I had to rip back and change my pattern.  She's been expecting this for a couple of weeks so she's not going to be too happy.  This is one of the reasons I don't like to do knitting for people...they don't understand how long it takes.  She told me when she first asked me that she expected I would finish it in an afternoon.  I tried to disavow her of that notion but she laughed it off and told me she knew how fast I knitted.

I am not a fast knitter at all.  Not slow but not fast and no way could I knit a vest in one afternoon even if I didn't have anything else to do.  I tried to tell her that I had a lot going on but I don't think she heard me.

You can tell I'm still a bit cranky.  She's really a lovely woman but doesn't understand about the knitting thing.

I've got some echinacea to plant next week maybe and I'm going to start planting some herbs in pots.  I can at least put them in the garage if there is a need.  But not today.  I've got pizza to stick in the oven (which is pretty tricky with a broken door) and I have to chop up some veg for mine and Tom's but I should be able to do that after a short nap.

Off to sleep a bit and then supper.

TTFN

No comments: