Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It was a bit longer than a week...

but I think I'm finally out of bed. It was a nasty flu that might have morphed into bronchitis. I didn't go to the dr to find out for sure, but the signs were all there. I took echinacea, drank fluids and coughed as much as I could to get the nasty stuff out of my lungs. It appears to be working. I would have gone to the dr by Friday if it hadn't started clearing up though. The dr told me last time not to come earlier than 10 days into it. I have no idea why.

I'm pretty much wiped out from all the coughing. I didn't catch a break yesterday coughing nearly non-stop all day and much of the night. By morning I was able to sleep from a few minutes to a few hours in between coughing spells. A lot of non-productive coughing yesterday with so much effort to achieve so little but today it's a lot easier to get something accomplished.

I am totally exhausted though. I managed to get out of bed (and even make the bed) and head to the store for milk. I didn't go to Beaver Dam though because Mayville was much closer and I didn't have the energy to drive to BD. I could have gotten milk from Kwik Trip but I needed to get something Zach could fix for supper. While there, I found a beef roast for $1.99 a pound so it was a beneficial trip. That will go in the crock pot tomorrow for supper.

Hopefully I'll be feeling much better tomorrow so I can get some stuff done. I am a wuss when it comes to being sick. I hate it. I can never just lie in bed and watch tv and knit because nothing feels good or is interesting. I started watching Fringe that I got from the library and it so totally sucked that I couldn't even watch beyond 5 minutes. Of course, yesterday I decided to give it another go and fell in love with it. I'm a total fan now. That's how awful I am when I'm sick.

Yesterday I finished up the back of the vest I'm knitting for Bette at church. I started the front last night but got to feeling really crummy and couldn't knit anymore. I had the lights off at 8 p.m. and tried to doze off and on in between coughing spasms. Which meant I didn't get a lot of sleeping done at all. But I hope to sleep better tonight.

Heard some sad news Monday morning. We didn't make it to church because I was sick and Zach seemed to be coming down with it as well (darn him and Tom, they got over it within 3 days) but a good and really nice guy from St. Mark's passed away after church. He was there for the service, coffee hour and I think, the Vestry meeting, even made it to his apartment, but never made it to the door. We shared a pew every Sunday and everybody loved him. I'm not sure how old he was but I think he was in his mid 60s. He seemed very young, at any rate. We will really miss him! RIP Ken Restall. What a loving and kind man you are.

On that note, I will head back to bed to lie down as my head feels like it weights a hundred pounds. And I hope to feel better so I can get more knitting done.



knittingdragonflies said...

Glad your feeling better, we need photos of the vest!
Take care

Kathy said...

I'll try to remember to take pictures this time before I give it to her. She's a tiny thing so I'm having to adapt the pattern I'm using.

I'm feeling better but I still don't feel really well yet. But I have errands I've been putting off that must be done today and then I think I'll just go to bed when I get home.

But thanks for the well-wishes. How's your weather down there?