Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coming back

Although I'm feeling better, I feel incredibly weak. I know I have an infection because of what I'm coughing up but it does seem to be subsiding. If I'm still coughing the gunk up by Friday I'll consider calling for an appointment but I suspect it's clearing up on its own.

I managed to make it to town to run the errands but I'm wiped out. So I'm working in small sections of time trying to get the house cleaned up. The guys were great about keeping up with things but there is cleaning that needs to be done. I've put Zach to work today helping but tomorrow he has to mow the yard. It's getting a bit high.

I've got that roast on the stove cooking because I forgot to set up the crockpot before I went to town. It smells wonderful so far but there is still a ways to go before it's done. In a little bit I've got to scrub some potatoes and chunk them and add some carrots as well. Then maybe a salad to go with it.

I didn't get any knitting done last night. I'll try to get some done tonight though. I ended up going to bed early and while I didn't sleep through, I did get more sleep than I have since I got sick. Two major coughing spells in the middle of the night and some serious aching but other than that I got some sleep. Tonight should be even better as I got more cold medicine today.

I watered the blueberry bushes today. I forgot about them when I got sick but although they were dry, they were still alive. I've got to get out there daily to take care of it. We might get the garden tilled this weekend. Next weekend at the latest. My seedlings aren't doing too well. The green peppers look great but only about half the tomato plants look like they'll survive and about a third of the tobacco plants look well enough to transplant.'s a start and I can replant some of the tobacco plants since they have a fairly short growing season. The tomato plants, not so much. I might get a few plants from the store and just make do with what we've got. I need a better system next year though. Maybe I can set up a place in the basement with lights and a timer.

Well it's time to get up and clean for the next 15 minutes. I feel like such a wimp but I don't want to overdo it and I end up breathing hard after about that length of time anyway.

I promise if I'm not better by Friday I'll go see the doctor though.


No comments: